Lightweight Battery

Reaction score
Anyone have any new updates/experiences on lightweight batteries? I'm still running the stock Motorcraft battery and plan on replacing it with a lighter one before next spring.

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the links.

I looked through most of these threads, but they are about 8-years old. Just checking to see if anyone has anything from the last couple of years.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Depends on the kind of battery you are looking for? I run a 370cca battery from a miata, it weighs 24 lbs.

AGM
Lithium

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Unless you are tacing, you are just making your wallet lighter.
I ran a tiny lithium battery at an HPDE event, just to see if it mattered. It didnt.

Reaction score
I autocross in the CAMC class. Each winter I try to make incremental improvements to improve the handling of the car.

I think just changing one item for weight savings doesn't make a difference, but when you add them up they may be able to make an impact.

I already have the Steeda lightweight radiator support and the coil-overs had an additional benefit of saving 10 pounds. Last winter when I had the clutch replaced, I went with the aluminum flywheel and pressure plate that saved around 20 pounds. I'm not sure about the effect on handling, but it helped the engine rev quicker.

Back