Lowering springs with turbo

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
My long term goal is an On3 turbo kit but I’m wanting to get springs now. I’m looking at the Eibach’s pro kit or sportlines. I ran Sportlines on my 2002 and loved them but I’m worried the drop will be to low for the turbo piping. Anyone had or heard of issues with this? Currently I have the stock 18” Roush wheels but might go with 20’s when I do wheels....will I have to worry about rubbing if I do the 2” rear drop? Thanks

07 Boss

Reaction score
Why do you want to get springs before you know how low you can lower the car? That seems silly.
As far as wheels go it doesn't matter what diameter your rims are. That has nothing to do with ground or wheel clearance. It all depends on the tires you put on there and wheel offset. I can get 18" tires that are taller than 20" tires and vice versa. I can get 15" rims that will rub the tires. I can get 15" tires that are taller than my 18's. Nobody can help you if you don't know what you're talking about. What rims? What offset? What tire size?

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
Why do you want to get springs before you know how low you can lower the car? That seems silly.
As far as wheels go it doesn't matter what diameter your rims are. That has nothing to do with ground or wheel clearance. It all depends on the tires you put on there and wheel offset. I can get 18" tires that are taller than 20" tires and vice versa. I can get 15" rims that will rub the tires. I can get 15" tires that are taller than my 18's. Nobody can help you if you don't know what you're talking about. What rims? What offset? What tire size?
Bcz I don’t want to run around for the next year with the 4X4 look. Silly would be ordering the springs BEFORE I did some research to find out if I’d have piping clearance issues. I’m hoping some people on here are running that kit and can tell me. On3 said they didn’t “think” it’d be an issue.

When I bought my 2002 and dropped it and put 18”s on it the tires rubbed. I was ridiculed on another forum for not asking my above question before I got the rims/tires and springs...so I asked first this time. I’m new to the S197 so I’m learning about offsets but these are the rims I’m looking at ( just don’t know if I wanna put Shelby wheels on my Roush).
https://www.americanmuscle.com/chromeshelbyrazor-20in-0512-sumitomo-stag.html

ShelbySteve

Reaction score
Bcz I don’t want to run around for the next year with the 4X4 look. Silly would be ordering the springs BEFORE I did some research to find out if I’d have piping clearance issues. I’m hoping some people on here are running that kit and can tell me. On3 said they didn’t “think” it’d be an issue.

When I bought my 2002 and dropped it and put 18”s on it the tires rubbed. I was ridiculed on another forum for not asking my above question before I got the rims/tires and springs...so I asked first this time. I’m new to the S197 so I’m learning about offsets but these are the rims I’m looking at ( just don’t know if I wanna put Shelby wheels on my Roush).
https://www.americanmuscle.com/chromeshelbyrazor-20in-0512-sumitomo-stag.html
AM says the wheels will fit my 07. I’m running 20x9.5 40mm front and 20x11 50mm rear with no issues.

you can compare your current setup to a new setup pretty well by using this site.
https://www.willtheyfit.com/

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
AM says the wheels will fit my 07. I’m running 20x9.5 40mm front and 20x11 50mm rear with no issues.

you can compare your current setup to a new setup pretty well by using this site.
https://www.willtheyfit.com/
Wow...20X11, didn’t even know they made that size lol! Are there any threads with pics of your setup? I tried to do a search but couldn’t figure out how! Thanks for the link

ShelbySteve

Reaction score
Wow...20X11, didn’t even know they made that size lol! Are there any threads with pics of your setup? I tried to do a search but couldn’t figure out how! Thanks for the link
There’s several guys on here running 20x11 on the rear with similar offsets. My wheel comes right to the edge of the fender almost. I’m running 285 nitto’s on the rear now but will be going 295 or 305 next time as I was worried about the tires poking.

DC790992-F329-4F23-81E8-375D2CA173AD.jpeg

082D7A7D-36CF-48AC-BD7B-12027D6BEDB5.jpeg

DD223330-6C30-4E16-B98C-79A0C8B35FAD.jpeg

Reaction score
On3 turbo owner here with an '06. Just my personal opinion here, don't drop the car with the turbo kit. It puts the piping precariously close to the ground with a 1.5" drop. Going over speed bumps or just entering some driveways and you'll probably scrape the piping. Yes I know the 4x4 look stinks as I hate it too but the power and fun of the turbo makes up for it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back