Lund Racing VS Bama - My 5.0 Tuning Experience

Bigmack2012Gb

Roll Racer
Reaction score
i would buy more from american muscle if i didn't get charged sales tax. Why do you guys have to be in Pa. On another note my brother just ordered tires from you guys and had them at the door in less than 20 hours. Needless to say he was pretty happy with it.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Icecube, had you any experience around these forums, you'd know that anyone who starts a thread for any single tuner and then, keeps going on and on about it comparing one to the other, will get called out. There are threads here with Lund getting bashed when Lund nutswingers keep pushing his tunes.

American Muscle would never, IMNSHO, pay anyone to go on a forum and make posts like this. AM is among the best at customer service. They are a multifaceted performance and modification store and have earned my respect through previous dealings with them. Their tunes have always worked great for me and in fact, they were the first to tune my 2011 GT. I still have a tune from them that I run every now and then.

Out of all the tunes I've tried though, I prefer my Lund tunes the best, then Amazon and Bama are tied for second. My worst tune was from BBR, but in the interest of full disclosure, I never data-logged and sent my info back for them to update the tune. Something happened to another member here that made me not want to deal with them anymore.

But yeah, this thread has run its course I think.

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
^^ the 6% forum discount basically drops the sales tax

Crap, I have purchased a shit load of stuff from them and never got the discount.

What do you need to do have the discount applied to a purchase?

I have had a very positive results with AM so far. They price match and send off the items with no shipping, and it gets here fast. If there is an issue, they seem to handle it (send another) with out any hassle or drama (didn't send the old one back). They always have some one that you can talk to (even the tuning guys) about an item, never seem to have to wait on a call back. They posted my negative review of an item (HT exhaust), so they don't seem to be hiding negative posts.

Since I have had good luck so far and because many have stated that the tune was good (maybe not the best for every one but mostly positive reviews) I went ahead and purchased the tuner, wish I would have entered the discount for that one.

Any way, this thread is about run the course but I will add a little to it. I will not be able to comment on Lund or any other tune but I should be able to give another opinion on the AM tune soon. If it sucks, or has any issues I'll post it. Same if it's good I'll post that. I'm going to try the tune see what it's like then put the cat delete pipes on and see which one gives the most seat of the pants gains.

Then I'm going to the track to see if I can do better. My last trip there was very disappointing. I couldn't drive or get the car to hook up for shit. Never even got into the 12's.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back