M-90 Install questions

Zrxpilot

forum member
Reaction score
Im 90% or better into the install of an M-90. Can someone please post a how-to for the bottom two bolts (bottom drivers side is simple enough) that the air intake bolts to the SC housing? Theres very little room in there. Was considering taking the blower back off but thought I would ask first.

Also, theres a smaller round plug that used to plug into the back of the original intake that for the life of me I cant figure out what plugs in there now.

Other than that...so far so good. Waiting for the computer to come back from Roush. Hopefully tomorrow I can light it up. Still needs coolant, plugging everything in and install of the plugs. Old ones came out easy enough.

Some said they could do this in a day. I dont see how. Ill have a good 25 hrs into it when its done and I hit it hard. Maybe could shave off 5-6 hrs next time.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure what your talking about with the first question. What year is your car? The two bolts holding the air intake tube are on my passenger side. Thats pretty straightforward.
The second....do you mean the blocking plate that goes under the air intake tube? The tube right in front of the alternator. That plate? That hole should be covered with the blocking plate.

Last edited:

06RFSTANG

Reaction score
1- I used an extension and taped the bolt to the socket and was able to get the bolt started that way.It is a pain but it can be done.
2- That plug was for the cmcv connector and is not used anymore.
It took me 16 hours to do mine by myself..have fun

Zrxpilot

forum member
Reaction score
^ Thank you on both points. Got it done. Fired right up and ran just fine. Dont know why but I thought I would notice something at idle. Quiet as stock.

Holy crap what a difference when you get on it a bit. 4.10's going in next week.

Attachments

• IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    520.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Now slap an upgrade kit on it and watch what happens!! LOL!! Glad you are enjoying your M90, I know I love mine!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back