Memorial day weekend contest with discount coupon prize, guess the power.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, let's play, here is the deal. This is an small contest on "guess the power it is going to make", the prize: a discount coupon for the winner of 40% of a tuning service, conditions at the end.

Contest:

Just guess the peak SAE corrected RWHP the specified combo is going to make on our Dynapack dyno. So you can have a better idea of the numbers to expect, a typical CAI/tune 3V manual car would make around the 270srwhp, add O/R LTs 290s, add HRs and intake manifold 330s, HCI 360s. Is somehow in between a mustang and a dynojet.

Car:

I am taking out the turbo kit of my car next week, and will run a temporary NA combo with what I have at hand, the engine is:

298cid, 3.750 stroke 9.5:1 CR
FRPP Heads (N3VPA)
Turbo cams 228/230 115LSA
FRPP shorty headers
Stock catted H-pipe and Magnaflow 3" axle back
FRPP 3V intake, 39#s, return system.
(manual car)

Now the tests, we will run 4 combinations.

- Stock throttle/filter
- BBK throttle/stock filter
- Stock throttle/JLT3
- BBK throttle/JLT3

Will tune each combo at .86 lambda and fixed timing and try to replicate conditions as close as possible, all test run the same afternoon.

For the contest, guess peak SAE corrected power and combo that should be making it. (it is expected to be run with the last combo, but I don't really know for sure)

Who wins the contest? the guy that has posted the closest guess first.

Who wins the prize? the guy that has posted the closest guess first AND meet the conditions.

Who can participate/win:

Everybody can participate, only the ones that meet the following conditions can win.

Conditions:

- You must be a regular member of the forum, registered at least before Feb/2013.
- Winner should have a car that we can tune remotely (96-10)
- It can be used with any of the current offerings (basic bolt on, NA with datalogs, FI full remote tuning or dyno appointment)
- Only remotes, no locals, sorry.

Prize conditions:

- Winner can be an older customer but it has to be applied to a new tuning job, can't be applied to an ongoing service.
- Discount valid for 6 months.
- Discount is not transferable.

Contest will be open until results are in, plan is to have this done Tuesday BUT if something arises, it will be delayed maybe up to a week due to pending work. All test will do the same day and under the closest conditions possible.

Post your guesses!

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
i can tell yall this my car has the boss block stroked to a 323 with basicly the same set up and it made 342rwhp and 350rwtrq through the stock airbox and stock cats, no bolt ons. all done on 93 octane through a tr6060

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
- Stock throttle/filter- 365rwhp
- BBK throttle/stock filter- 375rwhp
- Stock throttle/JLT3- 385rwhp
- BBK throttle/JLT3- 395rwhp

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, entries closed.

The numbers are so damn crappy that I am ashamed to post them, lol.

Car made 301, barely beating the typical intake, O/R LTs, CAI & tune combo on a stock engine. Gains with the JLT/TB were marginal at best.

I will post the graph tomorrow as I did not brought the file with me.

So, the winner is.... Hamish.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back