forum member
Reaction score
3933416778_cbee4b4949.jpg

:lol:

That's my favorite pic. :thumb:

07CaliSpecial

forum member
Reaction score
Looking real good. It is fun doing it yourself. Gives you a better understanding of what is going on and is better to diagnose any problems that might occur. What do you need a cut-off tool for?

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
You have to use a cut off wheel to cut out a VERY small part of the radiator support. That way, the air intake tubing and MAF ca pass through the core support, and tuck back behind the bumper and the passengers headlight.

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys.

Got the LAST of the "Oh, shit... I'm really worried about this part" stuff done today. I pulled the OEM 2 piece, "I wanna break off in the cylinder head" spark plugs out of there, and replaced them with a colder Brisk Racing plug, gapped and setup for boost at .035".

Got the new injectors in the OEM rails, and fuel line reconnected, rails and injectors mounted in the new manifold, and also got the new black powdercoated camshaft covers on, after procrastinating about putting those on. Only thing I really have left to do is to get the blower itself on the manifold, mount and wire the BAP, and do the belt. Then she will be ready to fire up once I get the tuner from KB.

Don't have to to upload photos right now, I'll do that when I get home from picking the wife up from work. So if you wanna see pics from today... stay tuned. :birthday:

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys.

Got the LAST of the "Oh, shit... I'm really worried about this part" stuff done today. I pulled the OEM 2 piece, "I wanna break off in the cylinder head" spark plugs out of there, and replaced them with a colder Brisk Racing plug, gapped and setup for boost at .035".

Got the new injectors in the OEM rails, and fuel line reconnected, rails and injectors mounted in the new manifold, and also got the new black powdercoated camshaft covers on, after procrastinating about putting those on. Only thing I really have left to do is to get the blower itself on the manifold, mount and wire the BAP, and do the belt. Then she will be ready to fire up once I get the tuner from KB.

Don't have to to upload photos right now, I'll do that when I get home from picking the wife up from work. So if you wanna see pics from today... stay tuned. :birthday:

looking forward to it... very nice thus far...

when are you supposed to be getting the tuner/?

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Pics from day 3 of working on the car... not much has changed on the outside... but I got a few things done today.

Started off with working on the spark plugs. On these new motors, and you will see what I am talking about, Ford's engineers must have designed these new spark plugs on a holiday or something. They are a 2 piece design, and if you are not careful on taking these things out... they can, and many people have done it, snap off inside the cylinder heads, making for a purchase of a $65 or so tool, or pulling the heads. That makes for a bad day. So you just have to take your time, do it according to Ford's TSB on it, and be SLOW, and GENTLE with removing these things.

Cylinder #1 (Front most plug, drivers side) plug:

3942700509_85c589b9d8.jpg

Cylinder # 5 (1st cylinder, passengers side)... by far the worst looking, and the hardest to get out:

3942700493_bf586e39ce.jpg

And Cylinder #6's (3rd from the front, passenger side) plug... this one was VERY noisy coming out. Thought this was going to be the one to snap off... but it came out in all one piece:

3942700463_f543bd179f_b.jpg

As you can see, a very weird design to these things. As you can see the non-threaded shaft that extends past the threads, carbon deposits form on the shaft, and make for a rough exit out of the threads for the plug. You have to spray PB Blaster down into the spark plug well, back off the plugs a half turn, and let the PB soak into the carbon on the shaft. Once it sits for about 15 minutes, you should be able to remove the plugs without issue. Just go VERY slow, and do NOT get in a hurry.

Other than the spark plugs, I got the new black powdercoated camshaft covers I have been trying to decide whether or not to install... finally decided to do it, and I think they turned out pretty good.

3942700535_01fdd6125d.jpg

Also transferred all the throttle body mechanicals (Throttle Pos. Sen. and Throttle actuation motor)over to the new monoblade 130mm KB throttle body that is part of the stage 2 upgrade package. Looks SWEET!

3942700521_153080cefd.jpg

Also replaced the stock OEM injectors with the blue 39#'s that came in the kit. Got the rails and injectors installed, as well as the 2 pulleys that come in the kit as idlers.

All that is really left now is to get the blower itself on the manifold, and all the vacuum connections connected, get the belt routed, and get the Boost-A-Pump wired up, and the ECU flashed, and she will be ready to fire up for the first time.

Stay tuned for more. :cake:

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
nice write up...i did the same thing,...for the same blower....
http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13645&highlight=KB+install
what kind of tensioner didi you go with?

Yeah I asked you a few questions a while back when I was researching the install when I was in Iraq. I asked ya a few questions about the wiring and the heater core hoses. You helped out alot, so thanks.

I went with the Steeda tensioner... better than stock, and good for what I want it to do. I donn't plan on powershifting the car, nor do I plan on ever bouncing it off the rev limiter. Should be very sufficient to do what I want it to do.

Last edited:

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
Yeah I asked you a few questions a while back when I was researching the install when I was in Iraq. I asked ya a few questions about the wiring and the heater core hoses. You helped out alot, so thanks.

I went with the Steeda tensioner... better than stock, and good for what I want it to do. I donn't plan on powershifting the car, nor do I plan on ever bouncing it off the rev limiter. Should be very sufficient to do what I want it to do.
oooh,yeah I remember now.....I got the same one from steeda....pretty good!

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Got evertything except the Boost-A-Pump done today...

3944831359_31b81bc9c1_b.jpg

3944831335_9901a1c68e_b.jpg

3944831379_f4c3d5e106_b.jpg

3944831371_ed79fdffbb_b.jpg

Blower is on and bolted down, throttle body mounted, air intake in and tightened down, and belt routed properly and on.

She's ready to fire up. Just gotta wait on the tune, and get the Boost-A-Pump wired up.

07stangcs

Undecided
Reaction score
Looks good. Trust me, when your done your gonna love it. Just waiting on my week vacation to get some dyno time in. These things really BLOW and as temping as it is, make sure you build that bottom end before going for smaller pulley's. Probably gonna go for a safe tune of around 480ish until i get a forged crank

topoffGT

Reaction score
Got evertything except the Boost-A-Pump done today...

Blower is on and bolted down, throttle body mounted, air intake in and tightened down, and belt routed properly and on.

She's ready to fire up. Just gotta wait on the tune, and get the Boost-A-Pump wired up.

Very nice work! FYI, check that intercooler pump regularly to make sure it's still working. Mine went out on me within the first 6 or 8 months. I replaced it with the pump used on the Lightning. It flows about twice as much coolant per minute. :thumb:

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Well, there is no starting her today... there was a miscommunication between KB and I on the tuner thing. Originally when I placed the order, I had asked if I could send my XCal 2 in to have the tune put on it, but I have since gotten rid of it. Mike thought I was still going to be sending my tuner to them, and have them return it to me with the KB tune on it.

The new tuner and tune should be here tomorrrow.

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Well... FUCK!!!

According to FedEx, the package hasn't even left California yet. They are supposed to be calling me back, whenever, to give an "explanation". Who knows what that will be.

I won't EVER get this car started if it keeps this shit up.

How hard is it to get a damn TUNE!?!?!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back