MMR CAI Dyno results inside!!!!

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I'm the one that is out of pocket $430 bucks and want to see it perform as advertised, all I can do is provide you guy with exactly the same procedure and testing that you would do if you were to have purchased/installed it. Lets hope a few more make it on some cars so we can get a comparison.

JJ

Thanks for doing the test.. I would send it back though and use that money for something that will increase HP. If you dont hurry they will nail you with a 25% re-stocking fee.. haha they like to do that.

F MMR :beerdrink:

qwikhuh

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I just read mmr website. " 15-20 hp increase no tune needed"
what a crock. I'm definately considering the c&l for my 2011

It DID make 10 rwhp so a 15 hp gain isn't that outrageous of a claim. It just made the car much slower than it was before the CAI install. Pretty much every manufacturer is going to advertise peak gains and will conveniently fail to mention lost power/tqe under the curve. Marketing 101

Twinscrewgt

Bad Smurf
Reaction score
It DID make 10 rwhp so a 15 hp gain isn't that outrageous of a claim. It just made the car much slower than it was before the CAI install. Pretty much every manufacturer is going to advertise peak gains and will conveniently fail to mention lost power/tqe under the curve. Marketing 101

Any product that "claims" hp increase and makes the car slower are thief's.. Ive herd a ton of MMR stories. And none of them are good.

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with MMR and they said that I must reset the KAM/Disconnect the batter after installation of this CAI and everything should be fine. It was not in the instructions to do so and they will be changing the directions to reflect that.

I will do that first thing in the morning and roadtest the vehicle while logging. If it helps then I will put it back on the dyno to see what changes, either way I will report back.

I noticed today on the dyno that the computer would pull the throttle back a bit under WOT and then open it back up with the stock tune, something it did not do before on any of my stock tune runs, however when dyno'ing with a custom tune and adaptive learning turned off it did not do that and commanded throttle stayed at 81 the entire pull.

It did this throttle closing only after removing the custom tune and putting the PCM back to stock.

JJ

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
It did this throttle closing only after removing the custom tune and putting the PCM back to stock.

JJ

I think that is a coincidence. The cars I've touched did this before any custom tuning was done.

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
I think that is a coincidence. The cars I've touched did this before any custom tuning was done.

I sure hope we can find out why its doing this thats for sure because the first 6 dyno pulls on the car totally stock did not show this issue at all. It was only after loading and unloading custom tunes into the vehicle that this happened. (and after swapping out the stock airbox for the MMR one)

I am taking the car out for roadtesting and datalogging right now with the MMR CAI installed and will report back. It will have our custom tune in the car with adaptive learning turned off and I will also roadtest and datalog with the stock tune as well. Hope to nail this down.

JJ

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
Well several different street pulls in mostly all gears with the custom tune, MMR CAI reinstalled, adaptive learning turned off and not a hint of the computer pulling the throttle back. Loaded stock tune back in and viola computer pulled the throttle back as before. Turned adaptive learning off in stock tune (only change made to stock calibration) and it did not pull the throttle back one bit. Airfuel and everything else stayed the same during each test.

Now its back on the dyno for more testing.

JJ

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back