My Latest Runs at The Track

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score
So,

Here's a couple of recorded runs from my last trip out at Toronto Motorsports Park up here in Canada:

Forgive the shaky camera, lots of wind that day. I think those are my best 3 that day, the last being my personal best (13.03).

I have one more video of a certain well known and respected racer here taking my car out to see if he could break a 12, but since he missed 3rd I will save him the ridicule and omit it lol.

(I kid I kid)

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Cool, just curious. Im heading to the track tomorrow and have similar mods. Not running a 13.03 yet though. What psi are you running the rear tires at?

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score
Cool, just curious. Im heading to the track tomorrow and have similar mods. Not running a 13.03 yet though. What psi are you running the rear tires at?

I actually don't really play with the pressures. To be honest, with absolutely no sidewall, they don't seem to be affected by changes in pressure.
I saw absolutely no difference running 45 PSI or 32 PSI (remember I had to drive the thing home on those tires with no pump). Unfortunately, there were no 60' that day, so I have no idea how I was coming out of the hole.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Oh ok... I'm running a 325/30/19 Nitto INVo and can't hook for shit... Can't bring my 60' below 2.0 but you also have 4.10s. What RPM are you launching at?

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score
Oh ok... I'm running a 325/30/19 Nitto INVo and can't hook for shit... Can't bring my 60' below 2.0 but you also have 4.10s. What RPM are you launching at?

I usually bring it up to 3,000 and slip it out of the hole then go WOT as soon as I'm fully disengaged. To be honest, it's probably not working well since I'm trapping at mid to low 12 second MPH (110) and still running 13's lol

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Your slipping bad probably would be my guess... Your 60' will show it. I only trap 104 so that 110 your running is definitely good for a solid 12

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score
Your slipping bad probably would be my guess... Your 60' will show it. I only trap 104 so that 110 your running is definitely good for a solid 12

Absolutely. With my stock 3.55's I ran 13.22 @ 105 as a best with a 2.01 60'. What I really need is someone with alot of drag experience to show me a proper launch technique on a radial. To be honest, I just wing it and pray lol.

Docktour Z

McRibber
Reaction score
Sounds like your slipping the clutch really quick at a low RPM, bring them up to like 3,500 and wait till you feel the tires bite and then let the clutch out.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks,

K&N CAI
Magnaflow Catted X-Pipe
AP Xcelerator Axel Back
4.10's
Steeda.ca 91 Octane Tune

Falken 275/35/20 street radials

Really need to add this to my Sig lol.

:beer:

What were the conditions that day? I run a similar setup and my ET was no where near that (a lot is driver track noobiness)... but also think weather as my car was 103~104, not 110

Last edited:

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score
Sounds like your slipping the clutch really quick at a low RPM, bring them up to like 3,500 and wait till you feel the tires bite and then let the clutch out.

I usually slip it out around 3,000. I find, generally, any higher than that I blow the tires off. Unfortunetly, I think that riding it out like that is really hurting my 60's. I also sprin pretty good on the 1-2 shift, so I'm sure I'm losing time there. Just really need a set of DR's I think. Street tires really suck, especially with 4.10's.

What were the conditions that day? I run a similar setup and my ET was no where near that (a lot is driver track noobiness)... but also think weather as my car was 103~104, not 110

I honestly never really pay attention to the temp. I tried looking at a historical temp for that day and it said around 57F (or 14.6C for us metric people). And I don't remember it being that cold, I know I got burnt pretty bad, so beats me. Track is 600' above sea level.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back