Need help with SJB & ECM

09Stroker

forum member
Reaction score
We had the car running and a faulty add a fuse fried a couple circuits in the SJB. After the incident the car still started fine however I decided to go ahead and replace the SJB. Unplugged the old one and plugged in the new. The car would no longer crank and had no power to the fuel pump relay or any of the circuits associated with it. Swapped the old SJB back and same issue. Contacted a Ford tech and he said the SJB needed to be programed so I took it in and they loaded in the as-built data (the IDS communicated with the SJB fine) however the IDS could not communicate with the ECM and said there were network errors. The smart junction box was throwing some codes but they were all related to the TPMS. We got ahold of the Ford breakout box and plugged it in, everything started working correctly, had power to the fuel pumps etc. However 5 minutes later the breakout box "fried" and everything went to shit again and back to where we started. Unplugged the breakout box and pulled the harness apart to check for continuity wire by wire, checked for broken or pinched wires, checked grounds etc. I am at a loss here. Does anyone have ideas? Could the tech have not programmed the SJB correctly? Does anyone have the procedure? Any othere ideas?

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
what options are the ford tech giving you now? If you need to replace the SJB or ECU then try ebay or local salvage yards and car forums.. Ford will rape you for new ones. Just make sure you get the ones that match yours.

09Stroker

forum member
Reaction score
Already replaced it with a brand new SJB which is what the Ford tech programmed. He supposedly gave me back the features the car came with though they aren't working properly, the windows work but now they work even with the key off and doors opened/closed. The door open chime works. The door locks do not work, the trunk light does not work. I have checked all the fuses and they are okay.

Back