Need suggestions on a dual action polisher

b00stedgt

Reaction score
I am looking for advice on which dual action polisher to purchase for home use. I purchased a black car for a daily driver and the paint needs some tlc. After previously owning a black car, I know that it will need a lot of upkeep so I figured I would just purchase the dual action polisher as opposed to doing it by hand. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have been looking at the flex xc3401 and the meguiars g110v2

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
There are already a few good threads on this. i started with the PC 7424xp and loved it. I recently just ordered the Flex 3401 and should be getting it today so i havent actually been able to use it but have heard it is a great machine.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Flex and forced rotation ftw. Been using them for over a year now, and they do good work.

28ONE

Reaction score
Started with PC but now I have the Flex, should have went with the Flex from the start. Follow Seer's thread and you're good to go :thumb2:

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Seer, if you already have a PC is it worth picking up the Flex?

And Rasmus....that monkey freaks me out....seriously.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
night & day difference

Ahhhhhh.....you guys are gonna have me spending more freaken money on this crap....:crazy:

I still want to pick up some CG Lava, and need to pick up some good wheel cleaner/wax and tire dressing...and I wouldn't mind picking up a better exterior rubber trim dressing...now I'm going to get a Flex too?

my wife's gonna leave me.....

28ONE

Reaction score
I know the feeling, once you get bitten by the bug, game over! Then trying to justify to significant other, haha good luck but they eventually get over it. I'm no expert in detailing but following Seer's method as mentioned in the thread above does makes things a whole lot easier. The only gripe I have with the flex is the 4 3/8 backing plate cost $35, which is a must to use 5.5 pads.

I too need to get some lava. You have Blacklight and V7?

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
I too need to get some lava. You have Blacklight and V7?

Yep....I want to pick up Lava, but the price makes me cringe a bit. Especially when I have a can of PB Natty Blue that is 90% full sitting on a shelf.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Difference between lava and natty's blue is, Lava has a better look to it, as well as durability as it really works well on dark colors in warmer temps as it is quite resistant to heat.

$70 is nowhere near unheard of for a good wax. Natty's has terrible durability, its a good cheap wax, but you get what you pay for with it.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the Meguiars G110V2, trust me, it's a toy compared to a Flex, but better than doing it by hand.

Go Flex.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
I'm sure pad choice does effect how well a polisher performs....Eventually I want to make the jump to the Flex and keep the PC with a smaller backing plate for tight areas. Also want to invest in hydrotech pads and dump my old ccs lake country pads

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
the PC gets the job done. The Flex is a totally different level. It cuts faster, and more effectively than the PC.

It does not vibrate anywhere near a PC does either.

To put it mildly, the PC is like a V6 Mustang, it performs and gets the job done.

The Flex 3401 is like a GT500.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back