New engine, new PB

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A month ago I posted my best time with the stock long block. Thanks to the team at Kurgan Motorsports I have a new personal best, 10.645@126. As good as that time is I know it will get better when I adjust the suspension and other minor changes.

This was the last car Bob worked on before he closed his Illinois shop and moved to Georgia. I made sure to make this one to remember by throwing 100’s of questions and many problems at him and his team. It always seems that the simplest parts can cause the biggest problems and that was the case with this build. Through it all Bob, Mitch and Jake put in the long hours to get it done before they left. Thank guys; look forward to seeing you on one of your Chicago visits or at the track.

For those that are interested I will post up a build thread with some pics this weekend. A lot of the stuff has been seen before but I don't think anyone has seen any pics of the new ST Motorsports KB belt drive system. I used to break belts when the car had a manual trans. Since I switched to the 4R70W I haven’t broken any belts but I would still wear out a belt every three months. I know Adam put a lot of testing into this setup so I am confident it will eliminate my belt issues.

Last edited:

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Nice run Jamie. Looking forward to seeing that beast run in person!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back