New Exhaust

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I finally had enough of my JBA axle back not lining up and sitting properly. I ordered the Pypes mid muffler system after hearing only positive reviews on it. Anyone have it? Love it? hate it? Any comments from those with it would be appreciated, and I also heard that it is a little tight to install so any feedback or tips on that would be great....Thanks

mAnYsTyLeS

forum member
Reaction score
I know a few people who have the Pypes system and I heard that they had big time issues with fitment and lining up...

Hopefully that's not the case for you.

DarkFireGT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pypes is a bit hit or miss. They have great sounding products, but fitment isn't the same from one set to another. My H pipe fit perfectly, but I know people that had issues. My Violators fit perfectly (after cutting 1" off one of the hangers as it was hitting the bumper reinforcement) also. I think mostly, though, alignment just takes patience and trying different things.

Mick Mach

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
this is the 1st ive heard of this ... my pypes o/r x and mufflers fitted up nice. the mufflers took some time to get right but it wasnt bad.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I ordered the Pypes mid muffler system after hearing only positive reviews on it...

Didn't fit right for me. Mufflers would tap the bottom of the gas tanks far too easily when I pushed against 'em - would've hit if I went over bumps. The exit at the rear of the car didn't line up on one side...it was probably 2 inches off - too high and too far over. And the supplied tips wouldn't fit on the ends of the exhaust pipes.

Get a custom fab job from a muffler place - do it right. The Pypes M80 mufflers are 4" diameter; you can get resonators that are 3.5", which would probably fit better. Get it welded in - Pypes only gives you clamps. And it's my opinion that the mufflers were too far back...there's room forward of the gas tanks, and I don't know why they weren't placed there.

It's hit and miss, it seems. Some people say it fits fine, but then again, some people don't care if it may rattle, or if it's not perfectly lined up in the bumper cutouts. That kind of stuff bothers me, which is why - after 3 hours of attempted installation - I took the system off. Best of luck.

SuperSonic05

forum member
Reaction score
I had some issues installing mine at first. I trick it so have a spoter making sure that the tips are aligned while you are under the car. It almost imposable to do it yourself.

srt2stang725

Reaction score
i had the system, the #1 problem right out of the box was that the hanger had to be cut and re-welded because the tip was missing half of the cutout in the bumper...problem number 2 the over-axle pipes would hit and vibrate on that crossmember that the mid pipes go over (where the flat spots are) and no matter how i adjusted it or cut and rewelded hangers it would still drive me insane...needless to say i no longer have it...and most likely will never buy pypes again after that and after the horrible exhaust leak i had with their x-pipe, which i also no longer have.

SVTsupremecy

forum member
Reaction score
dear god...cancel the order if you can. If you are buying ANY Pypes product with the notion that it will Fit better then JBA (or any other brand)...you are SADLY mistaken. Pypes is %100 JUNK!. Ive gone through 2 xpipes and the one i currently run now doesnt fit %100 right, but enough to use it. Pypes taught me the lesson that Cheaper is NEVER better. I wish i had spent $400 on a QUALITY Xpipe then $180 on Pypes Offroad **** pipe. I hope you get lucky if you did infact already get your order, maybe yours will be that 1 out of 100 that actually fits.

My advice, with Pypes, have a friend there and a COLD 12 pack(maybe 2). Your gonna get frustrated and your gonna have to "fabricate" the exhaust to get it to fit JUST right. I wish you the best of luck

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
F*ck, now I'm pissed I bought it. The biggest problem I'm going to run into is the cost to ship it back if I decide, so maybe I will just give it a shot, take my time and hope for the best. I don't but I can assure you that if it does not fit I will have a brand new cat back sitting out front for the trash(after having beaten it against the side of my house). Either way I WILL get an exhaust that fits right weather it takes me 7 systems. At least with the slip fit style exhaust all the old shit will go right back on, not like I have to hack the JBA off.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i had the system, the #1 problem right out of the box was that the hanger had to be cut and re-welded because the tip was missing half of the cutout in the bumper...problem number 2 the over-axle pipes would hit and vibrate on that crossmember that the mid pipes go over (where the flat spots are) and no matter how i adjusted it or cut and rewelded hangers it would still drive me insane...needless to say i no longer have it...and most likely will never buy pypes again after that and after the horrible exhaust leak i had with their x-pipe, which i also no longer have.

Oh yes, that crossmember...I forgot about that problem.

dear god...cancel the order if you can. If you are buying ANY Pypes product with the notion that it will Fit better then JBA (or any other brand)...you are SADLY mistaken. Pypes is %100 JUNK!. Ive gone through 2 xpipes and the one i currently run now doesnt fit %100 right, but enough to use it. Pypes taught me the lesson that Cheaper is NEVER better. I wish i had spent $400 on a QUALITY Xpipe then $180 on Pypes Offroad **** pipe. I hope you get lucky if you did infact already get your order, maybe yours will be that 1 out of 100 that actually fits.

My advice, with Pypes, have a friend there and a COLD 12 pack(maybe 2). Your gonna get frustrated and your gonna have to "fabricate" the exhaust to get it to fit JUST right. I wish you the best of luck

Agreed.

F*ck, now I'm pissed I bought it. The biggest problem I'm going to run into is the cost to ship it back if I decide, so maybe I will just give it a shot, take my time and hope for the best. I don't but I can assure you that if it does not fit I will have a brand new cat back sitting out front for the trash(after having beaten it against the side of my house). Either way I WILL get an exhaust that fits right weather it takes me 7 systems. At least with the slip fit style exhaust all the old shit will go right back on, not like I have to hack the JBA off.

I hope you didn't buy from RPMOutlet. That outfit is run by grade-A cucumber fuckers. I ordered from them, asked for an RMA, and received one. So I sent it back - at cost to me - only to have it sent back to me because it was "used". Sure the pipes were scuffed a little - so what? I said in my return request that I tried fitting it and it didn't fit...what the hell did they expect?

So to sum it up: don't buy Pypes, don't buy from RPMOutlet.

On a side note, Pypes offered to "fix" it for me, since I'm local to them, but since I had already sold it on eBay (and I didn't want to deal with it anymore), I didn't take them up on the offer. While Pypes may not be a bad company, they make a product that's in-line with their pricing.

I had Bassani race mufflers before that and they fit fine - I just didn't like the drone. :2cents:

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Go Magnaflow, fitmet is flawless...I didnt like dropping the $$ on their o/r x-pipe, but im glad I did cuz it fits perfectly with my Magnapack catbaks..

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
install was all good, you guys had be scared/mad for a while but I'm happy now, sounds like old school sound I've been looking for

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
sounds like you hit the lottery! Glad it worked out for you.

"Cucumber Fuckers"....... Thats damn funny!!

SONICBOOST

In it to win it
Reaction score
Some people piss me off!!!!!! Just because one had a problem does not mean everybody has them. The fitment on my system was perfect. This is my fourth and last set of muffers and by far the best...They sound perfect:321:

edit- did not see you already had them installed-nice job

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pypes is a bit hit or miss. They have great sounding products, but fitment isn't the same from one set to another. My H pipe fit perfectly, but I know people that had issues.

Darkfire says it all here! Not everyone has problems, otherwise Pypes most likely would not be in business still. No since in getting pissed off at everyone when they are just stateing what they have experienced first hand with Pypes product.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back