New trunk tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, regardless, that is a nice looking tank, great quality, and a very reasonable price.

BACNBLAK

Old and Wise(guy)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don't want this to become a pissing contest with you Ron, but I spoke to Joe last night and he said he's using a 2.5 gallon tank. Common sense tells me it will take longer to cool an 8 gallon tank, plus it will weigh 64 lbs., that's why I went with the 4 gallon. Like I told you yesterday, go for it with your large tank. If you don't like it, I've found a guy who'll make you a smaller tank at a good price.

Yes according to Joe. I spoke to him 2 days ago

hotairgypsy

forum member
Reaction score
what is the diameter of the opening of the cap...so how wide is the opening to pour ice in it?

hotairgypsy

forum member
Reaction score
I wonder where i could get that assembly since i have a big tank in my truck already but would be nice to have a biggy opening to fill it faster with ice

Black Tooth Grin

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't drag race so ice capacity is not that important to me either. Also, I only dyno the car in cool weather if I can help it.

So let me get this straight. You have a built motor, pushing 21psi through a KB Mammoth, making nearly 700hp, a track wetter...uh...I mean killer chiller, 4 gallon IC reservoir, and don't race and only dyno it on cool days.

Can we submit this to Webster's as the official definition of "Dyno Queen"? I mean seriously, that is kind of like having a 12" that doesn't get hard.

Oh, and just so I stay on topic. Nice looking tank.

BACNBLAK

Old and Wise(guy)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm a road racer asshole. Now get the fuck out of my thread before I post pictures of you and your mother taking turns sucking my 12" !

So let me get this straight. You have a built motor, pushing 21psi through a KB Mammoth, making nearly 700hp, a track wetter...uh...I mean killer chiller, 4 gallon IC reservoir, and don't race and only dyno it on cool days.

Can we submit this to Webster's as the official definition of "Dyno Queen"? I mean seriously, that is kind of like having a 12" that doesn't get hard.

Oh, and just so I stay on topic. Nice looking tank.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don't want this to become a pissing contest with you Ron, but I spoke to Joe last night and he said he's using a 2.5 gallon tank. Common sense tells me it will take longer to cool an 8 gallon tank, plus it will weigh 64 lbs., that's why I went with the 4 gallon. Like I told you yesterday, go for it with your large tank. If you don't like it, I've found a guy who'll make you a smaller tank at a good price.

Im not looking for any pissing contest. Im merely repeating what Joe told me. Im not arguing that he uses a 2.5 gallon tank, however in his words, a larger tank can only benefit the Killer Chiller. I did explain to him about how large my tank is, 6 gallons, not 8, although its probably closer to 7 with the lines and intercooler full, ect. Your 4 gallon tank is prolly closer to 6 gallons with the lines and intercooler full as well.

BACNBLAK

Old and Wise(guy)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm bypassing the h/e for the summer Ron, no sense heating up the coolant in this hot NC weather. BTW, Joe told me don't go too large with the tank for the reasons stated above. Could it be because you're bypassing the cabin and I'm not?

Im not looking for any pissing contest. Im merely repeating what Joe told me. Im not arguing that he uses a 2.5 gallon tank, however in his words, a larger tank can only benefit the Killer Chiller. I did explain to him about how large my tank is, 6 gallons, not 8, although its probably closer to 7 with the lines and intercooler full, ect. Your 4 gallon tank is prolly closer to 6 gallons with the lines and intercooler full as well.

Last edited:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm bypassing the h/e for the summer Ron, no sense heating up the coolant in this hot NC weather. BTW, Joe told me don't go too large with the tank for the reasons stated above. Could it be because you're bypassing the cabin and I'm not?

I did bypass the cabin correct. I am also bypassing the HE as well, only i left it in place for now. No sense in uninstalling it. For now im just going to block it off with a piece of black plastic to hide it. But eventually im going to install a y block with a valve on it so i can direct water to the KC or to the HE with a turn of the valve

BACNBLAK

Old and Wise(guy)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Another thing he told me was to put a 10" fan on the condenser. He thinks S197s have poor airflow over it. I ordered a 1000cfm Proform 67010 on Amazon for $48.00 shipped.

I did bypass the cabin correct. I am also bypassing the HE as well, only i left it in place for now. No sense in uninstalling it. For now im just going to block it off with a piece of black plastic to hide it. But eventually im going to install a y block with a valve on it so i can direct water to the KC or to the HE with a turn of the valve

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
he sent me a fan with my kit. However there is no friggen room to put it in there if you leave the H/E in i think. I left it out for now. I keep my engine fan on high at all times

BACNBLAK

Old and Wise(guy)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He's certainly made a few changes over the past year. How much did you pay for your kit? Did you get the gauge? If so, and you're not happy with the color of the display or the bezel color, Nordskog can swap it out for any color for a minimal charge. Does your say "air"? They now have one that says "water". BTW, I went back to the stock KB h/e on his recommendation.

he sent me a fan with my kit. However there is no friggen room to put it in there if you leave the H/E in i think. I left it out for now. I keep my engine fan on high at all times

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That tank looks awesome and that is a great price. How long did it take him to make it and ship it to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back