Newby with blown engine/Whipple

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
the stock 03-04 cobra shortblock is forged already... why would the builder want to pull the internals and replace them with other forged internals? don't get me wrong, eagle is a great product... is the motor blown or something? my brother has a 302 stroker that is eagle crank/rods and CP pistons... has done well... personal opinion, the aluminium block will be ALOT lighter and will support the power just fine

mmmmmmm maybe so the pistons wont smash the valves !:asshat:

1FastS197

Reaction score
mmmmmmm maybe so the pistons wont smash the valves !:asshat:

but he was talking about buying another crank... you couldn't just change the pistons? put a dish style piston for the whipple... makes sense to me... not understanding the pull a forged crank and put a cast in with a supercharger!:wtf1:

Last edited:

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
K.... now... where do I go to get a whipple installed and they insure aginst internal failure...

No, seriously... where do I go to get a whipple installed and they insure aginst internal failure...

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You have to buy it and get it installed at a dealership that is an authorized whipple installer/dealer and you have to use the tune supplied with the kit. That is the only way it is under full warranty. Same with the roush. Got to use a stealership.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You have to buy it and get it installed at a dealership that is an authorized whipple installer/dealer and you have to use the tune supplied with the kit. That is the only way it is under full warranty. Same with the roush. Got to use a stealership.

Im aware of that.... I thought they'd replace w/ oem parts, NOT pay for a built build!

Ill use any stealership that'll replace w/ built Eagle shortblock, etc!!!

If this is the case, 80% of people on this site will buy a '10, install a whipple, and pop it before 2010!

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im aware of that.... I thought they'd replace w/ oem parts, NOT pay for a built build!

Ill use any stealership that'll replace w/ built Eagle shortblock, etc!!!

If this is the case, 80% of people on this site will buy a '10, install a whipple, and pop it before 2010!

I only half assed read the thread. I didn't realize he was claiming to get a built motor put in under warranty.

I call major BS...:crapthread::bsflag: No way a dealership is going to give out a built motor on a warranty stocker...:handjob:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
the stock 03-04 cobra shortblock is forged already... why would the builder want to pull the internals and replace them with other forged internals? don't get me wrong, eagle is a great product... is the motor blown or something? my brother has a 302 stroker that is eagle crank/rods and CP pistons... has done well... personal opinion, the aluminium block will be ALOT lighter and will support the power just fine

but he was talking about buying another crank... you couldn't just change the pistons? put a dish style piston for the whipple... makes sense to me... not understanding the pull a forged crank and put a cast in with a supercharger!:wtf1:

They said they would buy an '03/04 Cobra BLOCK and use forged internals. This way they are "cheaping out" since the '05 and up aluminum blocks are a bit expensive.

Reading comprehension can be a tough thing.

1FastS197

Reaction score
They said they would buy an '03/04 Cobra BLOCK and use forged internals. This way they are "cheaping out" since the '05 and up aluminum blocks are a bit expensive.

well excuse me there speedy... i thought it said shortblock!

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I still say...:bsflag:

I don't see a dealer doing that no way - no how - regardless if they are 'cheaping out'.

The dealership is the only place you could get a motor warranty on a whipple install and no dealer on earth is going to 'build' a romeo block up for a 3V - aint' gonna happen cause they would not be able to warranty it in any way shape or form through any ford program and no way is a dealership going to do ANYTHING they don't get paid through a warranty program for...period.
:handjob:

1FastS197

Reaction score
I still say...:bsflag:

I don't see a dealer doing that no way - no how - regardless if they are 'cheaping out'.

The dealership is the only place you could get a motor warranty on a whipple install and no dealer on earth is going to 'build' a romeo block up for a 3V - aint' gonna happen cause they would not be able to warranty it in any way shape or form through any ford program and no way is a dealership going to do ANYTHING they don't get paid through a warranty program for...period.
:handjob:

agree'd 100%!

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This isnt being done by a dealership. I believe he was getting some different kind of work done...either to the exterior or interior at a local shop. Not a dealership.

The shop took the car for a joy ride from what I can tell and popped the motor. I believe they realized their mistake and are trying to make good on the deal. They are having a local perf shop order and install the parts.

Again this is not a delership that is going to warranty the work.

I am not the owner of the car....so I dont know the full details. But I know the driver...hes a stand up guy.

But before calling BS...read what he wrote

"Since it was at an insured vendor when it happened it will be covered by insurance. The offer I am getting from the vendor is to have the engine rebuilt at a reputable engine builder here in state."

I dont see where he ever said the dealership was paying? An Insured Vendor is what was said. That vendor blew the motor while driving it. Why they were driving it in the first place is beyond me...and probably why they are paying for the mistake

Not sure why they are upgrading the motor though....stock parts would suffice. But again...they were possibly being retarted while driving the car and know they F-up and want to make it right. At least thats what I think.

Last edited:

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This isnt being done by a dealership. I believe he was getting some different kind of work done...either to the exterior or interior at a local shop. Not a dealership.

The shop took the car for a joy ride from what I can tell and popped the motor. I believe they realized their mistake and are trying to make good on the deal. They are having a local perf shop order and install the parts.

Again this is not a delership that is going to warranty the work.

I am not the owner of the car....so I dont know the full details. But I know the driver...hes a stand up guy.

But before calling BS...read what he wrote

"Since it was at an insured vendor when it happened it will be covered by insurance. The offer I am getting from the vendor is to have the engine rebuilt at a reputable engine builder here in state."

I dont see where he ever said the dealership was paying? An Insured Vendor is what was said. That vendor blew the motor while driving it. Why they were driving it in the first place is beyond me...and probably why they are paying for the mistake

Not sure why they are upgrading the motor though....stock parts would suffice. But again...they were possibly being retarted while driving the car and know they F-up and want to make it right. At least thats what I think.

If THATS the case, he can get a MUCH BETTER deal than that...

so the :asshat: stands... dont care who it goes to, but

:asshat: none the less.

CataclysmGT

forum member
Reaction score

I'm with you on this. Some people need to learn reading comprehension and proper English.

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I still would request a build sheet and confirm those are the actual parts going in the motor.

Still a weird deal if you ask me. But if the guy is really going to do this...man what a steal

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So, according to more that one... if a shop owner/employee, take your car out and distroy it... all they need to to to be slick with you, is fix the little mishap; whatever I told you broke? Shake hands and were all good?

Wow...:thud:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back