Nitrous Pressure Gauge Install

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

When hooking up a nitrous pressure gauge (autometer cobalt gauge mounted on the dash) is it better to mount the sensor on the bottle, or further down the system near the manifold?

Would you want the reading closer to the bottle, or closer to the intake so you know exactly what you're spraying?

Also - if I mount on the dash, and end up putting the sensor on the bottle, I'm guessing I'll need this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390297589997&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Thanks
-Tommy

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
I put a 1/8 npt adapter on the outlet of bottle and monitored it from there.

If you don't feel comfortable cutting and re-soldering your gauge harness go ahead and buy that one.

5.0lightning

I run mine with an adapter near the solenoid/NMU box. I first had mine in a triple gauge pod on the pillar. I ran the wires next to the driver fender and around the door then behind and up the kick panel to the gauge. I did not need to extend the wires when I had them there. I now have my gauge in the cup holder and needed to extend the wires. Save the money if you already have wire and connectors and extend them yourself. My electrical gauge and mechanical gauge on the bottle read nearly identical. I would mount it on either end and call it a day.

I also ran my electrical fuel pressure gauge to the drivers side vent the same way into a Roush vent pod without needing to extend the wires.

Last edited by a moderator:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back