NotQuik's "build" thread

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Running great. Turned it up to 17 on pump gas and makes my ass pucker! Looking for some E85 stations to make the switch...not many around here though.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
I believe there is one on the turn pike towards 75. Not sure how far that is from you. Unfortunately I think that one is the closest to me as well. It's been a couple years since I've checked so things could have changed since.

I take it the car still hasn't seen a dyno yet?

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I believe there is one on the turn pike towards 75. Not sure how far that is from you. Unfortunately I think that one is the closest to me as well. It's been a couple years since I've checked so things could have changed since.

I take it the car still hasn't seen a dyno yet?

nope, want to do the switch to e85 and get my 17psi part of the tune perfect. been having issues getting my wideband calibrated to my datalogging, probably going to buy the AEM failsafe gauge.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
I actually spent a little time with the car today. It wasn't much but at least got the pumps installed and injectors swapped out. Going to try and work on wiring this week then back to the plumbing obstacles I suppose.

D4AA2955-1E22-491E-AF0C-74B15D278325_zpssqez0ivr.jpg

07A42607-162A-4633-839A-7EA73BF2562B_zpsensbshid.jpg

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
OK, you're garage and four wheeler are waaaaaaay too clean! Are you related to Ultracla$$ic? :poke2:

J/K I wish my garage looked that nice! :drool: Oh yeah, nice build!

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Maybe I'm over looking something here or somebody can chime in...

This is the connector to the stock fuel pump in hand...
4D501374-0AAB-4E6F-B326-4723001B16F6_zpsr3flkzlg.jpg

These are from the GT500 harness with with the sending unit connector on the left and pump harness on the right...
4AC86939-3FB2-4D18-A2C7-4F4708B883E3_zpseebveiws.jpg

I removed the two wires from the stock connector as pictured but my issue is on where to put them? The connectors pictured are what I have.

From what I've gathered from the picture below, I am missing the connector to put the two wires into the mating sending connector?
15b95578fb893ee32fa09a95fc5fb948_zpscf43d92f.jpg

I looked at a few write-ups and coincidently ran across OneEyedWilly's
http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/504117-gt500-fuel-pumps-diy-w-pictures.html

I've also been using the Ford Racing installation instructions.
http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-9407-GT05.pdf

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The plug I marked 'fuel gauge' to the best of my recollection plugs into the stock harness there under the edge of the rear seat. I notice your wiring harness plugs are coming up from under the car rather than from the back seat area so I have no idea what you've done to your wiring. I didn't have any fuel pump wires under the sheet metal like you have.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
I think the pictures might be a little deceptive. The first two are of my car and none come from underneath. Nothing has been removed from how it originally was. The 3rd picture was just a random picture I found as a reference to show how it should be once all is hooked up.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. Any clue as to where I could get one or could anybody help identify it so I can search for one?

I figure worst case scenario I can just cut and solder the wires together. Not my first choice though.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. Any clue as to where I could get one or could anybody help identify it so I can search for one?

I figure worst case scenario I can just cut and solder the wires together. Not my first choice though.

personally i would just go to autozone and get some harness connectors, you should be able to find a male and female connector for 2 wires you can use.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Ended up getting a molex male and female connector. However the damned female ran off somewhere and I can't finish up under the rear seat at the moment. I'll have to try and track down another.

The wiring to the FPDM's I'm not super pleased with so am workin on cleaning that up.

Brian, would you happen to have any pictures from when this setup was in your car?

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Thanks Brian. That's pretty much how mine looks at the moment. The plastic cover won't go into place which is why I'm needing to address it alittle more.

I found the missing female connector. Paul, do you recall which colored wire went to which on yours? I know it's been awhile since you've completed yours but I found this on another thread but was curious if it ran a bell. The car needs a replacement battery so I can't play the trial and error game at the moment. I'll get one after I receive the turbo install kit David pointed out....

Below is what was found.
1) First I had it such that the colors of the wires removed from the original plug were in-line with the wires in the new plug. That meant it was LB/YE across from LB/YE and LG/VT across from LG/VT. In this configuration the system worked in that fuel was delivered, the gauge reacted and no DTCs were thrown. HOWEVER, the gauge inaccurately read low. I had about an 1/8th of a [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]tank[/COLOR][/COLOR] when I started. I added 6 gallons. The gauge only read just over 1/4 of a tank.... low.

2) Second I had it such that the colors of the wires were opposite. OS it was LB/YE in-line with LG/VT and vice versa. In this setup, everything worked as it should and the gauge correctly read just under 1/2 a tank.

Last edited:

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
all i can tell you is mine worked with the wires like this, looks like blue w/ yellow stripe to the red

d057-1.jpg

d055-1.jpg

Last edited:

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
I noticed that on yours. What throws me off is that the red and black both remained in the large connector which goes to the original fuel pump or so I assumed...

This is a note per the ford racing instructions

29C:
Release terminals for the LB/YE wire and the LG/VT wire from the connector housing. Do not
remove terminal from wire. These are the fuel sender wires.

^^^ These are the two wires which go into the new connector then mate up to the one from the GT500 harness in which mine has no red wire.

Another note after all is said and done.
STEP 31: Connect SENDER CONNECTOR (1) into SENDER CONNECTOR (2). Once connection is made, the
LG/VT wire should line up with the RD/YE wire and the LB/YE with the BK wire.

I realize some cars are different so i'll just have to wait until the car is back together before I button that up. I only revert back to your car as it's the same year but I realize that doesn't always necessarily mean alot.

Back