Oil Filter Wrench

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Anyone know if there's a wrench for the FL-820s filters? I'm trying to avoid those funky one-size fits all strap wrenches and weird spring-loaded claw things. I just want one that will fit the end of the filter and attach to a 3/8" ratchet.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Just wondering why? I don't care how the filter looks coming off, chewed up, scarred by wrench, whatever, but I only tighten it as tight as my own strength will allow. I NEVER put a wrench on the filter to tighten it.

Kaldar142

Reaction score
^ Those cup tools work great, i have a whole set of them and they generally never fail.

They work great for snugging up the filters too, i'd rather have my filters a bit snug than come off, which i've seen a few times O_O

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Just wondering why? I don't care how the filter looks coming off, chewed up, scarred by wrench, whatever, but I only tighten it as tight as my own strength will allow. I NEVER put a wrench on the filter to tighten it.

On the trucks at work I always use the strap wrenches and tighten them by hand and that 1/2 a turn to make sure it is secure and so far haven't had any leaks on mine. But I can see why you wouldn't do it but I like to make sure its on there lol

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score
FYI...K&N Filters have a nut made into the top of them so you can use a socket or wrench for removal...plus they're pretty good filters

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back