on3 twin setup dyno sheets! Coyote's

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He works on and drives another on3 car of his buddies that does well

I think that why it is important to get feedback from competent people that have successfully installed the kit. 10lbs of shit doesn't go in a 5lb bag without some work and know how

I may be reading you wrong but are you saying I am not competent?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sure. Here's the list.
Built motor
Fuel system

Not what you were expecting? OK, I did have to get a Pro M maf, and a trip to the hardware store for some bolts when installing the kit.

That's it.

Yeah, I remember you from SVTP...and I was not impressed with your smart ass attitude...

Are you a stick or automatic?

What gears?

What fuel system?

How much boost?

What compression with the built motor?

2 step? WOT box?

What suspension mods?

What BOV/wastegate? On3?

What size turbo's?

Cutouts or no cutouts?

Oil fed or water cooled?

Last edited:

slagburn

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember you from SVTP...and I was not impressed with your smart ass attitude..

Boy, that's a lot of questions for a smart ass to answer. I'm sorry you weren't able to install and tune it correctly, don't worry, plenty of others are taking up your slack.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
I may be reading you wrong but are you saying I am not competent?

Just bringing up that it may be best to chat with people that made the kit work successfully. Sounds like you had issues with it, whether that was due to early revisions of the kit or install/tune/etc issues I don't know, but you do like to bring it up in every thread with "I threw mine away" even with people showing the kit seems to work now.

I shouldn't even be posting in on3 threads because I run and try to rep another manufacturer's kit, but I do try to be honest with what I've seen Jon do with is On3 kit. There is no magic, smoke, or mirrors, but the stuff Jon works on usually ends up working extremely well, that is where/why I mentioned "competent people". I know his ability first hand, which is more than competent, and I'm sure that helped on the install. A little tweak here or there may be needed but the user/installer has to understand that going in. If they are willing and able to do that, then it works. Maybe you overcomplicated things with the water cooled turbos, maybe the tune had problems, the transbrake for the 6r80 wasn't out yet, etc.

Not trying to piss anybody off but when you make statements like this, maybe you aren't the best reviewer of the kit:
"I am by no means a turbo expert but IMO the pipe coming from the IC to the TB is only 2 1/2 inches which is not big enough to support the air flow of 2 turbo's; piping overall is pretty small but that may not matter and I think I was having major back pressure issues."
If you admit you are not a turbo expert, think the pipe is not enough to support the airflow (it's big enough to support 8.86 and 157mph with the upgraded maf), and you think you are having major backpressure issues (did you measure it?), then that is where questions come into play. I do agree, the MAF would be nice in the outlet of the IC and would then save money of having to buy the upgraded MAF.

That is the long version of what I was getting at

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don't know if he is, but I am. :asshat:

Nice way to dodge answering all of my questions Mr. Know it all...another one for the ignore list!

Now...back to your express oil line job while bragging about being a Ford tech...:thud:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Boy, that's a lot of questions for a smart ass to answer. I'm sorry you weren't able to install and tune it correctly, don't worry, plenty of others are taking up your slack.

I had Bobby from S&H with me installing it, had the guys from Pro Dyno watching, offering advice and helping out where they could, had Dan at Pro Dyno tune it, had Mike Rousch tune it and they all said the same thing....not a very efficient kit...but you must know more than all of us combined, go back to FB where you can spout your smart ass bullshit would ya?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just bringing up that it may be best to chat with people that made the kit work successfully. Sounds like you had issues with it, whether that was due to early revisions of the kit or install/tune/etc issues I don't know, but you do like to bring it up in every thread with "I threw mine away" even with people showing the kit seems to work now.

I shouldn't even be posting in on3 threads because I run and try to rep another manufacturer's kit, but I do try to be honest with what I've seen Jon do with is On3 kit. There is no magic, smoke, or mirrors, but the stuff Jon works on usually ends up working extremely well, that is where/why I mentioned "competent people". I know his ability first hand, which is more than competent, and I'm sure that helped on the install. A little tweak here or there may be needed but the user/installer has to understand that going in. If they are willing and able to do that, then it works. Maybe you overcomplicated things with the water cooled turbos, maybe the tune had problems, the transbrake for the 6r80 wasn't out yet, etc.

Not trying to piss anybody off but when you make statements like this, maybe you aren't the best reviewer of the kit: If you admit you are not a turbo expert, think the pipe is not enough to support the airflow (it's big enough to support 8.86 and 157mph with the upgraded maf), and you think you are having major backpressure issues (did you measure it?), then that is where questions come into play. I do agree, the MAF would be nice in the outlet of the IC and would then save money of having to buy the upgraded MAF.

That is the long version of what I was getting at

I will discuss with you intelligently as you can have an adult conversation unlike the other fucktard; when I bought and installed the kit there were not many of them on the market; Bobby and I had numerous conversations with On3 during the install as the directions were not clear, pipes were not marked/labeled, the kit was for an 11/12 and mine was a 13, etc...we installed it together at Pro Dyno who was tuning the car and nice enough to let us use a bay/lift to do the install; the lead mechanic as well as Dan watched and assisted when/where they could and they were not impressed with the kit and I am very confident in saying those guys know what they are doing as they have installed/tuned many many many FI combo's.

I had Mike Rousch tune it as well as he was local to me and I wanted to get a second opinion, he tuned it and got 20 more hp out of it AFTER I bought the Pro-M MAF; when Dan was tuning it he stopped pulling as he noticed the MAF going lean and did not want to hurt the car.

Went to MIR with full suspension mods, alum d/s, skinny/fats, circle D 3C converter as that is what circle D recommended and the best I ran was 11.1@130 with a 1.7 60; no matter what I did I could not get the car to make boost at the line nor come out of the hole; I have about 75 passes in my life so I am not the most experienced racer out there but I think I know what I am doing...

With regard to the piping; yes, I admitted I don't know turbo setups very well but when Bobby, Jeremy, Earl, Dan and Mike all made comments on the piping/bends not being good I listened to them as they all have turbo cars.

I was talking with both Larry and REDS197 via phone/pm's when they bought their kits and passed on my lessons learned to them which I hope they found helpful...I know Larry had a built motor and other supporting mods, can't speak for REDS but I think he was similar.

I want people to understand that you are not going to buy the On3 kit, install it and run 8's out of the box...nothing more, nothing less....perhaps those of you with the newer kits are benefiting from my experience and if that is the case good for you but don't insult me with telling me that I don't know what I am doing as I put the kit on myself, took it off and put it on another car so I have the DIY experience.

slagburn

forum member
Reaction score
Nice way to dodge answering all of my questions Mr. Know it all...another one for the ignore list!

Now...back to your express oil line job while bragging about being a Ford tech...:thud:

Why would I bother answering your questions? You start off with name calling, your mind seems to be made up, so why waste the keystrokes.

I want people to understand that you are not going to buy the On3 kit, install it and run 8's out of the box...nothing more, nothing less....perhaps those of you with the newer kits are benefiting from my experience

False, and as for your experience I think it has shown its true colors.. go back to slinging snake oil!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Name calling is the carry over from SVTP where you started in at me so I am returning the favor; if you want to have an adult conversation let me know and it will happen.

What are you saying false about? Prove me wrong that you bought an On3 TT kit, installed it and ran 8's with no other mods....not that hard.....

slagburn

forum member
Reaction score
$1000 right here says that is an as shipped On3 kit. Stock out of the box with supporting mods. 8's in Kentucky. You in? Careful, lots of people can verify what I'm saying.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
I will discuss with you intelligently as you can have an adult conversation unlike the other fucktard;

Well, that will be the end of any intelligent conversation there.

OP, sorry for the derail. The Torque from the twins, especially the ones that come in base kits is awesome compared to the centri. It is more efficient as you are not taking on parasitic loss of having to spin a blower to make power. Hopefully some more people will post what they made at 6psi, I think most would be running it higher than that though.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Huh? Why can't you and I carry on an adult conversation? Why does what slagburn and I say have any bearing on what you and I talk about?

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Huh? Why can't you and I carry on an adult conversation? Why does what slagburn and I say have any bearing on what you and I talk about?

Was going to PM it, but might as well keep the derail rolling for one more post. Why does it have a bearing on what we talk about, Jon is a good friend of mine. Not going to have you shit on a friend while trying to have "an adult conversation" with me. Simple as that.

I'm sure you two can figure it out on your own though, I just piped in to say it was a stock kit + pro-M maf. Carry on

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had no idea that Jon is a good friend of yours, as I posted there is carry over with how he spoke to me on SVTP, that is where the friction came from.

Sorry you feel that way as I was looking forward to see all your mods that got you into the 8's but guess it won't happen.

It may come across that I don't like the On3 kit, I gave an honest assessment of it, it did not work for me the way I thought it would/advertised to be, when I was working for S&H we sold a number of the On3 kits so I had conversations with them about the perception of their company, etc as well as the supporting mods Chad had to use to get his car to run right/make the numbers it did....so at least as far as what I was told by On3 and after talking with Larry/reading his mods on his car when he had the On3 kit it is not just as easy as buying the kit, bolting it on and running 8's.

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have a link to this paxton vs on3 video? I want to raz a friend a little. :)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back