Procharger on the way!!

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hysteria recomended the TBolt style clamps, I'll pick those up soon as I get a chance.

i was about to mention that they are the way to go man they hold 10 times better and can be bought fairly cheap 1-2bucks a piece

and congrats on the install bro , big props go out man i feel for ya in a damn parking lot lol i hate doing shit under my carport in the middle of the day

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i was about to mention that they are the way to go man they hold 10 times better and can be bought fairly cheap 1-2bucks a piece

and congrats on the install bro , big props go out man i feel for ya in a damn parking lot lol i hate doing shit under my carport in the middle of the day

The worst was for about 5 hours the tools were blazing hot, it was fine on my fingers but i had some open wounds on my fingertips and it was like OWWW FUCKSHITDAMMIT *drops tools, looks for it* lol

other than that it was all good. kept a steady pace, probably should have started an hour earlier but finished just after sundown. I love wrenching on the car :)

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The worst was for about 5 hours the tools were blazing hot, it was fine on my fingers but i had some open wounds on my fingertips and it was like OWWW FUCKSHITDAMMIT *drops tools, looks for it* lol

other than that it was all good. kept a steady pace, probably should have started an hour earlier but finished just after sundown. I love wrenching on the car :)

i can't stand it when the tools are scorching hot , either that or i have to drive like 5 minutes up the road to get something i forgot then jump under the car and burn the shit outta myself 50 times because of the damn exhaust .... but im the same i just like wrenching on it ...if i could only find more time to do it in id be set i wouldn't have to work on it with hot parts lmao

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The boost gauge came with this tiny plastic tubing and cheap rubber adapters, which would get kinked easily and cause erratic readings on the gauge... at Lowe's they have fuel tubing that fit both plugs so i got 6 feet of that and trimmed about 1.5' off. The gauge is way smoother now, and is most likely showing what's actually going on now :)

Fuel pressure gauge is next... which raises another question: Will this sender work with this adapter? http://www.lethalperformance.com/05...-gt-gt500-fuel-pressure-gauge-adaptor-p-14655

3565120702_6ee6de34e2_b.jpg

james432

forum member
Reaction score
my stage 2 should be here this week i hope but i didnt get the D1SC head unit..what is the differnce??

usafimj

Reaction score
Believe the D1SC lets you up the boost more than the head unit below D1SC

Wyld

408 C6
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
my stage 2 should be here this week i hope but i didnt get the D1SC head unit..what is the differnce??

The impeller is different, with low boost like 10 or so you wont really tell any difference until you up the boost. The d1sc can make more power.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Alrighty, all three gauges are in (fuel pres., boost, water temp.). Just need a new light for the fuel gauge, it reads 38-39 at idle and when accelerating will go mid 40's and on a blip of the throttle it will just go past 50 so that's good i guess with 39# injectors.
The Lethal FPDM upgrade kit came today with a big ass wire harness and a new FPDM. I'm guessing this is just remove and replace and the wires will lead themselves to where they need to be since it didn't come with any instructions. We'll see...

The boost-a-pump came today too. As far as I can tell this shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to put in, if it really is as simple as this picture (from maxpayne):
DSCN0895.jpg

It came with the adjustment knob and the vaccuum switch so I'll put both in, t-tap the boost gauge hose.

Talked with Justin @ VMP today and he said he may have an opening next wednesday so I'm trying to book that.

Water temp after a 20 minute drive to work with a BK drive thru included:

3571260671_b1f9dbd35b_o.jpg

THe fan doesn't turn on until ~180, so the system runs really good with the a2a intercooler, eh2o pump, and thermostat removed!

Last edited:

smeltz

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the install by yourself and the new found power. I'm glad to see Procharger made the brackets stronger that hold the supercharger and pulleys. I had a 96 Cobra with the stage II procharger kit (10 psi Intercooled) and could not keep belts on it to save my life. That was the main reason I put the Twin Screw on the 06 plus the kit was more complete than the other kits mainly the upgraded fuel pump. I do miss the sound of the procharger.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the install by yourself and the new found power. I'm glad to see Procharger made the brackets stronger that hold the supercharger and pulleys. I had a 96 Cobra with the stage II procharger kit (10 psi Intercooled) and could not keep belts on it to save my life. That was the main reason I put the Twin Screw on the 06 plus the kit was more complete than the other kits mainly the upgraded fuel pump. I do miss the sound of the procharger.

Thanks, the brackets are quite strong and are mounted very well even though it's just 4 bolts it does not move at all.
Wideband is on the way.

Last edited:

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Car is going to VMP on wednesday to get tuned. Can't f'ing wait.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
New clamps are on, the boost-a-pump is in place but I cut into the wrong wires and had to return it to working order... and the new fuel wiring harness was too damn confusing. I had wires sticking out that just didn't appear to go anywhere so I had to cancel that one until I get some guidance from Lethal Performance.

The air fuel gauge is in too, and the verdict is: running LEAN!!!!!!!!! holy shit running lean. around 3500 rpm it jumps past 16:1 so yeah quite lean. Idle and normal driving are like 11-12:1.

Those clamps took foreverrrrrrrrrr

The squeaking belt is the engine belt. It had pretty much stopped but of course I had to spray some stuff on it and now it's howling again. In order to change the belt the whole procharger bracket and head unit have to come off so that sucks.

matt texass

Reaction score
Look what you made me do. Another auto with a procharger coming. It looks real good buddy.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
New clamps are on, the boost-a-pump is in place but I cut into the wrong wires and had to return it to working order... and the new fuel wiring harness was too damn confusing. I had wires sticking out that just didn't appear to go anywhere so I had to cancel that one until I get some guidance from Lethal Performance.

The air fuel gauge is in too, and the verdict is: running LEAN!!!!!!!!! holy shit running lean. around 3500 rpm it jumps past 16:1 so yeah quite lean. Idle and normal driving are like 11-12:1.

Those clamps took foreverrrrrrrrrr

The squeaking belt is the engine belt. It had pretty much stopped but of course I had to spray some stuff on it and now it's howling again. In order to change the belt the whole procharger bracket and head unit have to come off so that sucks.
As for the belt squeak , you need to check the powersteering pump and the idlers behind the Procharger bracket. Sometimes the dont seat properly and will cause a squeak. Just loosen everythingt and move it around and re tq everything down. If that dont work then try cleaning the outside of the belt with carb cleaner and a rag. I have had to do this on the blower belt one time .

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Look what you made me do. Another auto with a procharger coming. It looks real good buddy.

kick ass. post up when it gets there!!!! Also that fuel gauge I was going to sell you is on the car now, I had dropped off the face of the earth for a few months last year.

Tomorrow the car goes to VMP for tuning. Changed the plugs earlier today for another set of stockers gapped to .035, and tomorrow morning I'll change the oil for the procharger before I drive out there. There will be a new thread with numbers and pictures and video and all that jazz after it's all done... now the long wait until tomorrow morning lol :clap::clap:

Last edited:

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
Good stuff man!!! There may be a third auto procharger coming. I am working out the small details right now.

I will also be installing this myself.

Andy, now that you have the kit on the car, would you buy it over again or would you go with a tuner kit to maybe add on GT500 pump kit, bigger injectors, etc. seperately?

i am looking into the tuner kit bc I want a better fuel system, but the issue is, i still need to get a tune to run the car so that i will be able to drive it to a shop to get a dynotune. I plan on installing it myself. Does anyone know a way around this? I do not want a diablo tuner as I already have an xcal; also, no tuners in my area use the diablo, so its a waste of money for me.

chrisstang1

forum member
Reaction score
Good stuff man!!! There may be a third auto procharger coming. I am working out the small details right now.

I will also be installing this myself.

Andy, now that you have the kit on the car, would you buy it over again or would you go with a tuner kit to maybe add on GT500 pump kit, bigger injectors, etc. seperately?

i am looking into the tuner kit bc I want a better fuel system, but the issue is, i still need to get a tune to run the car so that i will be able to drive it to a shop to get a dynotune. I plan on installing it myself. Does anyone know a way around this? I do not want a diablo tuner as I already have an xcal; also, no tuners in my area use the diablo, so its a waste of money for me.

I just put a D1 on my car. It made 518rwhp and 443tq. If you get the tuner kit, make sure you go with some 60# injectors. Mine started to run out up top but that was also at 6400 rpm. This was on a 10 lb pulley. I wouldnt run the car without getting some kind of tune in there for it. I know mine really didnt like the pretune my tuner gave me.

usafimj

Reaction score
you can get a GT500 fuel pump kit from Tousley Ford for $622

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back