Procharger on the way!!

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good stuff man!!! There may be a third auto procharger coming. I am working out the small details right now.

I will also be installing this myself.

Andy, now that you have the kit on the car, would you buy it over again or would you go with a tuner kit to maybe add on GT500 pump kit, bigger injectors, etc. seperately?

i am looking into the tuner kit bc I want a better fuel system, but the issue is, i still need to get a tune to run the car so that i will be able to drive it to a shop to get a dynotune. I plan on installing it myself. Does anyone know a way around this? I do not want a diablo tuner as I already have an xcal; also, no tuners in my area use the diablo, so its a waste of money for me.

What doesn't come in the tuner kit? If it's just injectors, pump and tuner then I guess I would have gone with the tuner kit... I put the boost-a-pump on instead of the piggy back pump (works fine), you could probably swing some used 39# injectors or get new ones from pmp, and since you have an xcal already then that's one less thing you need. I got the complete kit just because I ... well just because. If you drive to get it tuned, don't go into boost and just drive real real easy to the tuner. Also make sure the tuner kit comes with a MAFia, if it doesn't, you'll need one.

So with the money you'd save with the tuner kit, you can get a BAP, bigger injectors if you think you need it, and a set of T-Bolt clamps to put on instead of the screw clamps.

Are you getting the P1 or D1 head unit? lemme know when you go to install it, i'll give you my number.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
what spark plugs do you guys recommend? Also, if you can list the cheapest place that would be great!

I just put on a new set of stockers gapped to .035, there was no problem with them :) Got them from the dealer for $142. The clerk didn't want to say the price because it made her sick lol

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
What doesn't come in the tuner kit? If it's just injectors, pump and tuner then I guess I would have gone with the tuner kit... I put the boost-a-pump on instead of the piggy back pump (works fine), you could probably swing some used 39# injectors or get new ones from pmp, and since you have an xcal already then that's one less thing you need. I got the complete kit just because I ... well just because. If you drive to get it tuned, don't go into boost and just drive real real easy to the tuner. Also make sure the tuner kit comes with a MAFia, if it doesn't, you'll need one.

So with the money you'd save with the tuner kit, you can get a BAP, bigger injectors if you think you need it, and a set of T-Bolt clamps to put on instead of the screw clamps.

Are you getting the P1 or D1 head unit? lemme know when you go to install it, i'll give you my number.

ahhhh the Mafia... i didnt think of that. I would have to buy that too. How much do they go for seperately? Yours came with the kit right?

I was thinking D1, but the P1 will probably be sufficient for my purposes. Im pretty sure i could blow up the engine just fine with the P1 lol.

I want to go polished too.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ahhhh the Mafia... i didnt think of that. I would have to buy that too. How much do they go for seperately? Yours came with the kit right?

I was thinking D1, but the P1 will probably be sufficient for my purposes. Im pretty sure i could blow up the engine just fine with the P1 lol.

I want to go polished too.

Mine came with the kit, looks like they retail for about $190. Polished is the only way to go!! :) If you get the P1 you will have a much easier time bolting it to the main bracket because the pulley will be smaller and won't cover up two of the bolt holes :)

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
Mine came with the kit, looks like they retail for about $190. Polished is the only way to go!! :) If you get the P1 you will have a much easier time bolting it to the main bracket because the pulley will be smaller and won't cover up two of the bolt holes :)

Which pulley comes with the D1 and which one comes with the P1? I was under the impression that they were the same pulley, however the head unit is different (D1 will push a higher amount of boost if you pulley it).

I also want to add that though 500 rwhp will be awesome, it is not what I'm really looking for. I would be happy with 420-430 rwhp. I do not want to build the block, nor do I want to do any tranny work.

Thanks for the help!

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The D1SC came with a 4.75" pulley. For a P1 series to make the same psi it needs a smaller pulley.

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
so a P-1 with the 3.7 pulley should make about what??

A d-1 with the 4.75 pulley should make about what??

All things held constant of course. I'm just looking for estimates, which is basically all you guys can provide.

Also, im sorry to make this thread all about me!!! There are a lot of different ways to go with the procharger (FI in general), so I appreciate the help. I am just trying not to spend unnecessary money while gettting the best safest kit without overkill!

A&B 06GT

forum member
Reaction score
P1 with 3.7 should be 10psi P1 with 3.4 should be 14psi and with the 3.2 somewhat more

chrisstang1

forum member
Reaction score
your goin to need a smaller pulley. Im running a 4.38 with just a o/r x. Im pretty sure you have long tubes so I would call procharger and ask what size pulley will make 10 psi. Your boost gauge is reading 10?

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
my stock pulley was a 4.0(I'm almost sure) = 10-11psi
3.85 = 12
3.40 (now) 14+ psi

chrisstang1

forum member
Reaction score
my car made 518 rwhp with that pulley. He will have to spin it harder with them long tubes.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
My P1 with a 3.97 pulley and LTs with X Pipe made 12 psi.

the LTs probably helped.. I'm in the No to gay marriage area :clap: so I had to keep the cats and stock manifolds. There will be variance depending on setups and rpm.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
your goin to need a smaller pulley. Im running a 4.38 with just a o/r x. Im pretty sure you have long tubes so I would call procharger and ask what size pulley will make 10 psi. Your boost gauge is reading 10?

more like 10.5-11psi when it's around 6200rpms. this mother fucker goes FAST when it's in boost. (not as fast as most of your guys cars but it's fast to me)

There's about $2500 coming my way next week and i'm gonna get a PI converter (3200stall), deep trans pan with dipstick, locking diff, et street radials for the track, billet lower grill (to match the upper), use the rest for install, and then I don't know yet for what's leftover. maybe a professional detail. or an aluminum seat for the track.

opinions?

Last edited:

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
more like 10.5-11psi when it's around 6200rpms. this mother fucker goes FAST when it's in boost. (not as fast as most of your guys cars but it's fast to me)

There's about $2500 coming my way next week and i'm gonna get a PI converter (3200stall), deep trans pan with dipstick, locking diff, et street radials for the track, billet lower grill (to match the upper), use the rest for install, and then I don't know yet for what's leftover. maybe a professional detail. or an aluminum seat for the track.

opinions?

new street tires lol , nah but a good line lock would be a wise choice ( dunno if you have one or not ..... )

or you could buy a case of carb cleaner for the bees :clap::beerchug2:

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
new street tires lol , nah but a good line lock would be a wise choice ( dunno if you have one or not ..... )

or you could buy a case of carb cleaner for the bees :clap::beerchug2:

Got line locks, and there's a nest of bees outside now.... not a bad idea ha

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back