Quarter mile time estimation

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
I will probably run my car this coming wednesday for test and tune night. What kind of quarter do you think I should be able to put down if I drove it decently. its a 5spd has 4.10 gears a procharger d1 making 502 horse to the wheels. Will probably use my drag radials.

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score
The only thing guessing 1/4 mile times with a "green" driver will get you is dissapointment. Just run it and see what weaknesses you have and work on where you need to improve.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I say 12.4's traction limited or 11.7's with traction around 120.

I think that is a good guess. A long time ago when I had 474 rwhp I usually ran in the low 11.30s at 121 mph--full weight. But it was an auto. If he is making 502 rwhp his mph should be really close to 120-121 but who knows on the ET--just depends how well the OP can shift.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Its a full weight car. I am sure it will take some getting used to if Im going to put down a good time. Was just curious as to what you guys thought it might be capable of. If I could run a low 12 or high 11 Id be tickled not going to get my hopes up lol.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
I have the dyno sheet. Being a horrible driver could cause me some problems. Im not used to launching at a strip.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
I just nailed a 1.83 60' on street tires so I have faith in you. Seat time is all you need. Keep us informed how you do.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Im going to try to make it up there Wednesday night unless something comes up. I will definetely post up how it went.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
13.3 @ 118...With a 2.30 60 ft., lol..Just joking. It happens to most of us. You say to yourself, I have to run an 11 with all this power. But.........when you actually run the car, its not that easy. Much easier with an auto vs. a stick though. Just go into it with the mindset that every run you make, you are trying for a personal best. Just always try and improve your time. But listen to the car and feel the car out and get some seat time to really get to know "your" car..

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Yes broregis that is my final answer. (for the first time out anyway)

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
I know Ill do better then 14.2 lol I had 100 horse less and was able to get into the high 12s on shitty 60foot times. like 2.5 60 footers. lol

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I will probably run my car this coming wednesday for test and tune night. What kind of quarter do you think I should be able to put down if I drove it decently. its a 5spd has 4.10 gears a procharger d1 making 502 horse to the wheels. Will probably use my drag radials.

That's a lot of power and a lot of gear, but I don't see any suspension mods listed.

The car is high 10/low 11 capable with good suspension and bias ply slicks, but it would take some skill to run 11.90s with stock suspension and drag radials.

Are you planning to do more drag racing with the car? I can help you out with a good suspension setup if you want to maximize your grip.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back