Question about boost!!!

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
How many of you guys are/were running 8-10 lbs of boost with your stock exhaust manifold and stock midpipe? Should I consider doing that? Im putting together a procharger kit (stage 2) and should be in that ballpark with the stock manifold and cats. I can put a set of LT's on it, but it will add to the cost. I want to get the blower on there already, and do the exhaust after.

any feedback is appreciated. :thumb:

Last edited:

BLKS197

Formerly TAJoerg
Reaction score
When I talked to the people at procharger, they said you should be running either off road mid pipes or something with a high flow cat if you want to get 10psi out of their big pulley.

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
I think a reading of 10 psi is on the high end... the kit is more likely 8 or 9. I say 10 bc of the pressure from the stock manifold. I am not looking to pulley the kit right off the bat. I will be running the pulley that comes with it. The blower is a P1 by the way.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
you mean stock exhaust manifold right? and if you want, i have the same lts that ryan has if you want them. he said he will install them.

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
you mean stock exhaust manifold right? and if you want, i have the same lts that ryan has if you want them. he said he will install them.

Yea, I am unsure if the stock exhaust manifold needs to go, or not. I prefer Not to do the headers right now.

Ryan told me he had some trouble with the steering shaft or something like that... did he get it all figured out?

bigstick

forum member
Reaction score
Yea, I am unsure if the stock exhaust manifold needs to go, or not. I prefer Not to do the headers right now.

Ryan told me he had some trouble with the steering shaft or something like that... did he get it all figured out?

I'm still using the stock exhaust and have no intentions of installing LT's anytime soon. They aren't necesary and the $ per horsepower ratio just isn't there.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Vinny on my Vortech I am running 12lbs on stock exhaust all the way to the mufflers

07 s197

forum member
Reaction score
On my wifes old 08 gt/cs, she had a paxton HO kit and a pypes mid muffler exhaust. She was making 452whp with the stock manifolds and cats.

I'm still using the stock exhaust and have no intentions of installing LT's anytime soon. They aren't necesary and the $ per horsepower ratio just isn't there.

i disagree on a blower setup

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
I had no idea what you guys were talkin about until I re-read my first post. Sorry about the confusion lol I meant echaust manifold, not intake manifold.

oops. lol

DirtyDogOfTheDesert

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My original setup was up to 12psi with a 3.7 pulley, everything else was 100% including the exhaust. Car made 532rwhp like that,.......before it broke.

You have nothing to worry about running 10psi through stock exhaust.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back