Question about trade-ins

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone is a car salesman or familiar with the question that I am about to ask but thanks in advance for any help I may receive.

If I were to trade my car in at a Ford dealer for a new ride would they accept it with the parts listed in my sig including no sway bars etc.? Would it be better to make it stock or just throw the SCT in the glove compartment and say hear ya go. Not sure if they take modded cars, or give you less money or more money or maybe some over look it and some find it. Any inside knowledge would be sweet.

Boozshey

Reaction score
If you can make it stock then do. You can sell the parts and won't make any money off of them.

But if you don't want to do that, I would just trade the car in. But be nice to the next guy and hide the tuner someplace so the detailers don't steal it. I don't ever tell them anything, they will inspect it and can figure that shit out for themselves.

TorchedGT

Mustang Operator
Reaction score
absolutely make it as stock as possible while trading it. those mods are worthless cept when they turn around and sell it to the next guy...

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would want it all stock, especially if its still under the factory warranty..If a Ford dealer sells a car currently under the factory warranty and its been modified, the dealer will be liable if a part fails and Ford wont cover it under warranty. Minor mods shouldnt be a big deal, but no sway bars and engine tuning could be a problem. That being said, you may find a dealer asleep at the wheel and they miss it during the appraisal..Every dealer has different criteria, the dealer where I am General Manager I will take them in with minor mods, but thats it..

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I might try to trade it in as is just put the sway bars back on. Looking to get rid of it with no hassle of a private sale.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back