question??

sgbruton

forum member
Reaction score
sorry this may be a stupid question but i see people swapping for 3v 5.4 and 4v 5.4s but is there anyone who has put the 4v 4.6 out of the terminators in a s197, will it even fit? would it even be worth the money to put a used one in?

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Yes people have done it. It works out great because you get the power benefits of a termi but the great looks of the S197

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
yes it will fit. the engine bay in the S197 platform has more room than the Fox chassis.

i think thats a great idea

sgbruton

forum member
Reaction score
thats what i figured but i guess it seem like a bad idea simply because its putting an older motor in a newer car, but you can get much bigger power out of a 4v as opposed to the 3v, if only i had some money.

FlyByNight

Banned
Reaction score
sorry this may be a stupid question but i see people swapping for 3v 5.4 and 4v 5.4s but is there anyone who has put the 4v 4.6 out of the terminators in a s197, will it even fit? would it even be worth the money to put a used one in?
I would actually do the 4.6 Terminator over the new 5.0. K.I.S.S. principle, no VCT. Another thought would be the 6.2.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thats what i figured but i guess it seem like a bad idea simply because its putting an older motor in a newer car, but you can get much bigger power out of a 4v as opposed to the 3v, if only i had some money.

Not true at all, a 4.6L 3v/4v have similar potential.

The 01 cobras were rated at 320rwhp and but down around 270rwhp 290rwtq stock. The 3v makes similar numbers in stock form.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back