racestar lugnuts (mcgard washers)

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
bought "McGard 63014 Chrome Extra Long 1.365" Shank Style Lug Nut Set (M12 x 1.5 Thread Size) - Set of 4"

installed these last weekend, had to remove the rears to get them rebalanced.

noticed the mcgard washers were not even close to being seated into the hole.

4D56664A-0519-42EF-AEA5-F6746D3066BE_zpspqe4trvj.jpg

1FABA52D-C314-4D8D-BDF2-32CC405B25CF_zps2qn2m6ud.jpg

guessing i got the wrong washers? anyone shed any light on this for me.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Is that a flat or tapered bottom surface in the hole? Did you try flipping the washers over with the rounded side down?

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
The inside of the wheel looks tapered, the washer is tapered, but it's no where near small enough to fit down in the hole. I happen to have a washer that does fit about perfect, one of the old racestar washers, it's about 2-3mm smaller

hotrod_renegade

Captain Hindsight
Reaction score
I was wondering about this as well. When I put mine on, all of the washers were stamped with a label so that the concave tapered edge faces the wheel. Seemed strange to me, but I figured it's probably not a misprint so that's how I put them on. I torqued them all up, went for a drive, and then torqued them all again, finding that a few had loosened up a bit. Went for another drive and torqued again, and they were all snug to spec the third time I checked. I haven't taken them back off yet so I can't really offer any insight, but I'd also like to see if anyone else has some input on this.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back