Registering 2006 Mustang GT in Europe

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have someone who is interested in buying my 2006 Mustang GT, and likely will ship the car to Europe (specifically Portugal). The possible buyer is inquiring as to what the emissions ratings are on the car- to ensure that he will not have any problems registering the car in Portugal. I'm unsure where to look for this information, nevermind the fact that the car is procharged. lets forget that for a minute though; can anyone tell me what standards the car needs to meet, and if my car does in stock form?

Also, this is not some guy on Craigslist- a friend of mine whose cousin wants to buy it.... so I'm not shipping the car there without getting paid first lol, actually im not shipping it, he will purchase it here in US dollars lol.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Euro3 IIRC, they sniff the car so things need to be right, no OBDII stuff as in the US, the problem is to homologate the SC, depends on what the local "DOT" ends requiring, have customers that did it quite easily (with manipulated dyno charts) and others is just a crazy mess, no offense but being Portugal pretty sure he would find a "way", lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back