RPM problems!!

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
So I installed a new alt and battery about 3 weeks ago. Ever since then when I am slowing down and press the clutch in it drops down to about 500 rpm and acts like it wants to stall. Today I was sitting at a light and it did stall had to restart it and hold my foot on the gas until the light turned green. It has a JLT intake and 93 tune on it. Would anyone lean more towards maf or throttle body.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
Yea I just wiped it off. Didn't move the actual blades though. Just wipe the back side out when I had it off to replace the alt

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
It sounds like a vacuum line didn't get connected or got disconnected during the alternator swap.

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score
Reload the tune. Perform the Idle Relearn procedure (start the car, let idle for 10 mins, turn AC on, let idle for 5-10 mins, take it for a drive through varying loads and cruizing speeds) and see if that helps.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
My car does that anytime I load a tune, or disconnect the battery. For a day or so it'll idle poorly until the PCM figures out things. It's probably not normal, but I've just lived with it. After a day or two of driving it goes away and idles fine.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
I have tried reloading and letting sit for 10 minutes. Didn't turn the ac on though. Took it for a drive and have drive it since them with the same issue. I will try it again tonight though

I checked every hose I could find. I thought it acted like a vacuum leak to.

balls8302

Reaction score
i had similar issues last summer, cleaned tb and maf and the car ran perfect, cheap easy fix used the crc cleaners, worth a shot

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
I will try that. Where can you get those crc cleaners at

I found the cleaners at advance. Will give it a hot later on and let you know the results.
You all think I should still try to reload the tune and relearn the tb?

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back