SCT PRP

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have been highly considering this lately and was wondering what shops offer support for this? I know VMP does and I am going to be calling him as soon as I get some free time at work to discuss it. I want to know who all will write a base tune since some parameters aren't available unless you go through the SCT courses which I intend to if I go this route.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Whoever sells it to you will include a tune to get you going.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Whoever sells it to you will include a tune to get you going.

That's what I figured but just trying to see which tuners sell and support the PRP package. I'm not 100% sure I will go this route, just looking into my options since my tuner doesn't seem to be able to tune for my JPC intake and has been doing a good job of ignoring the problem hoping it goes away. I've been waiting for a tune revision since January 31:thud:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I have been highly considering this lately and was wondering what shops offer support for this? I know VMP does and I am going to be calling him as soon as I get some free time at work to discuss it. I want to know who all will write a base tune since some parameters aren't available unless you go through the SCT courses which I intend to if I go this route.

I got my version of prp through Justin in 2010. At the time it was $100 more for a base tune. Eric Brooks was also $100 for a base and at the time he didn't sell PRP but I think that has changed now. They both offered support with the base tune.

In the end my then current tuner did one for me. The only reason I got prp was because he had sold his business.

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
I have had the SCT PRP since it was released many years ago. I originally bought it for a different Ford car I had which used the flip chip. When I got the 2008 Mustang GT. I upgraded to the newest version. Back when I originally bought the PRP, Modular Depot was the exclusive distributor for the PRP. When they lost their exclusive deal their support declined. Since that time Modular Depot got bought out by another company. Make sure you get the PRP through a shop that will give you good support.

SCT's own PRP support forum isn't all that helpful at times for 3V mustang specific tuning questions.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back