So my friend with a 2010 Z06 challenged me...

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
To a race at the drag strip next month. His mods are pretty minor, catback, vararam, headers tune. Not sure if he has drag radials, but he's never ran the car yet.

My NX kit is going to be installed in a week :D Plan on spraying a 125 shot to start and will have practice before then.

notastockdohc

forum member
Reaction score
If he don't have slick I dont think you will have issues.I got a friend with a 2010 zo6 procharged it like in the 700hp area bit it spins on the stock tires so bad. Spinning isn't winning. You get him hard off the line you should be okay I would think. But I'm not an expert.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
With you on the spray he won't stand a chance. N/A you wouldn't stand a chance. That's if both of you are running a drag radial.

Reaction score
at a road race I would say not a chance but drag racing you got a chance.... z's are pretty quick good luck and report back with the winnings

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
it's a run what you brung kind've thing. It should be intriguing either way :D

badgt06

Stratafortress
Reaction score
My buddy has one with similar mods, runs mid-high 11's on street tires (dyno'd about 500rwhp). He's a decent driver. They have a tricky launch on street tires so if you have a slick or drag radial I wouldn't worry too much. Its gonna piss him off though, lol.

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
My buddy has one with similar mods, runs mid-high 11's on street tires (dyno'd about 500rwhp). He's a decent driver. They have a tricky launch on street tires so if you have a slick or drag radial I wouldn't worry too much. Its gonna piss him off though, lol.

thats not much of a decent driver IMO. ive seen a slim few get into the high 10's with just dr's most bone stock ones seem to be around the mid 11 area. not bashing your friend by any means but his times should be around a low 11 with those mods

badgt06

Stratafortress
Reaction score
thats not much of a decent driver IMO. ive seen a slim few get into the high 10's with just dr's most bone stock ones seem to be around the mid 11 area. not bashing your friend by any means but his times should be around a low 11 with those mods

Eh your prob right but it was a shitty track (Prairie Hill) I'd imagine he'd run better at somewhere nice like Ennis or Crandal.

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
Eh your prob right but it was a shitty track (Prairie Hill) I'd imagine he'd run better at somewhere nice like Ennis or Crandal.

yeah track prep could have a lot to do with it also. ennis always preps good. i havent been to crandal in a while but the last time i went it didnt seem to good

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Ahh, looks like this got a little interesting... looks like he has some NT05R's

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Just try to get in some practice runs on the giggle gas before the real heat. I still like your 'Stang over the Vette if you get a good launch.

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
Just try to get in some practice runs on the giggle gas before the real heat.

Agreed. You'll be flying through the first couple of gears before you can blink on the spray. It's going to be alot different. Get a few practice runs in before the real deal and I'm sure that ZohSex will be seeing your tailights.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Agreed. You'll be flying through the first couple of gears before you can blink on the spray. It's going to be alot different. Get a few practice runs in before the real deal and I'm sure that ZohSex will be seeing your tailights.

oh I plan too.

BTW, I ended up buying the wiring harness kit through NX... should make the install be a breeze.

wazslow

forum member
Reaction score
I dont know how well the guy can drive. But, just something to think about... Bone stock with the exception of a set of drag radials the record for a c6 zo6 is 10.8's. His car with those mods probably make a little over 500rwhp and the car weighs less than 3200lbs.

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
Seer, when is this going down? I took off a bunch of days next month and plan on being at PRP for Test and Tune on the 1st, 15th, and 29th....if this grudge match is going to be on one of those days either me or my wife can handle the video.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back