ST coilover install instructions

neema

forum member
Reaction score
sorry Chris. forgot to check back on this post. i know this is a thread revival, but i figured i would at least answer your questions. see below. fwiw, i would definitely sell this on your website. they don't get enough attention for their build quality and great ride.

Great write-up/install!

The new stance definitely looks great!

thx

Have you thrown it into some corners with them on yet?

i've hucked it into plenty of corners.
:)

How does the car "turn-in" with them? More responsive or less?

after the alignment & corner balance, the car turned in really well. this is with 2° of camber and toe set to 0. there was an instance where i had a little toe out up front and it was too aggressive. if i wasn't careful, the back would rotate too much going into a corner, which is fun, but ultimately slower and scarier (with my driving ability).

Is there more "feel"/"connection" to the steering does it feel like?

honestly, this felt the same.

What are your camber/alignment settings?

see above

How do they feel on the highway!?

pretty good. i've had coilovers before (different cars) and these definitely have an emphasis on being streetable. they're comfortable.

What spring-rates are they?

this i don't know for sure. i know that KW v3 coilovers are ~380 lbs/in springs in the front and progressive in the rear. i think it's safe to assume these are the same or a little less than that.

Have you launched the car yet? How do these do to help control wheel hop?

it controlled wheel hop; however, i wouldn't say that they made it hook significantly better.

Why are you changing them? Didn't like them or just upgrading?

i upgraded to KW clubsports--those are much much harsher by comparison (~570lb/in springs in front, ~370lb/in in the back *i think*)

Have you had other coil-overs in the past, if so, what brand/model?

not on a mustang, but on other cars, I've had Tein Flex, KW v1s, and FK coilovers. the KWs had similar ride quality to these. the Teins were pretty stiff. FKs were junk (bad shock valving and non-adjustable, so i had to live with them).

I've been trying to get us to get more coil-overs and I'd like to hear you opinion on them, if possible :)

these will genuinely make a mustang easier to flick around and rotate on command. i think an AWESOME streetable setup would be getting coilovers like this with some adjustable swaybars to fine tune it to your liking.

hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:

Alcarames

forum member
Reaction score
Nice write up, st is a lower line of KW brand. One of the best coilover setups IMO. Usually for euro cars.

neema

forum member
Reaction score
Nice write up, st is a lower line of KW brand. One of the best coilover setups IMO. Usually for euro cars.

it's too bad they don't push these more. they're a good quality shock matched with a firmer (not harsh) spring, which makes for great sporty ride quality. and they a good warranty too. i'm starting to feel dumb for changing these out! :)

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
STs are The SAME product as the V1s. The only real difference is that the V1s have stainless steel bodies while the Sts are galvanized steel. But as far as I know, they have the same spring rates and valving as the V1s. I'm running them as well and am pretty happy with them.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back