Started the teardown, Pics of motor at 16,000

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Since I've sold the Whipple and all my parts are supposed to be ready to pick up from the machine shop this week I decided to start tearing down my motor and getting everything ready.

The shortblock has 16,000 miles on it. It's alot cleaner looking than the stock block was with 10,000. The carbon ridge is almost non existant. The carbon on the piston tops wiped right off when I mopped up coolant from the heads.

Here's a few pics for those who like to look at this kind of stuff.

Passenger side. For some reason only the passenger side head was still holding coolant.

IMG_0907.jpg

Driver side.

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Not bad....so whats the new plan?

The new motor will be at or above 11:1 (depends on how much the block was decked and if the heads need to be shaved).

The goal is to make 400rwhp with stock stroke and E85. Specs are pretty simple. Flat top pistons, stock heads with 127300 cams, high flow cats, frpp intake. I still have GT500 pumps and will use the new EV-6 47 lb frpp injectors. I'll also compare the stock and frpp tb on the dyno. I'm going to tune this one all by myself.

First tune will be with gas, then E85. Some good data should come out of this project.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
exciting bruce! so much for all the E85 erodes stuff myths. it will be exciting to see and hear this motor when its done.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Didn't take long to sell the whipple. GL with the new project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

stang72

Family of Stangs
Reaction score
As e85 is not widely available where I live,I will be looking forward to the gas numbers.It will be nice to see the differences though.Any chance you will run on gas a little while.It would also be cool to know the difference in gas mileage between the 2.I have been wondering what the cost difference is.The closest e85 station is 3.19 a gallon and my last tank of 93 was 4.00 a gallon.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
I'm still scratching my head as to why you as modding for less power, less torque and no blower whine. You are a mystery wrapped in an enigma, dipped in tempura and deep fried.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Engine looks pretty good. Are your heads worked? Somebody spent some time deburring those is why I ask.

I couldn't go back to n/a.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I'm still scratching my head as to why you as modding for less power, less torque and no blower whine. You are a mystery wrapped in an enigma, dipped in tempura and deep fried.

Sometimes I don't think like others, lol.

Engine looks pretty good. Are your heads worked? Somebody spent some time deburring those is why I ask.

I couldn't go back to n/a.

Heads are stock. I spent time deburring the block when I assembled the motor. I can't recall going over the heads. I do remember how long it took to clean the head surface last time. This time it's just going to be a few scrapes with a plastic scraper and some acetone. Hopefully they will pass the straight edge test.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score

sometimes its not about power, its about fun. a 400whp, high compression mod motor is going to be a blast. a car you can hammer on the street when youre feeling froggy and then take to the track and probably turn 11.90s and then drive home. no worries. something very big to be said for that.

i, for one am very envious of bruce's new build.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
The heads cleaned up nice and don't need to be resurfaced.

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

All the moving parts look real good. The heads have 26,000 miles on them.

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Bad ass! I was in the shop where I get my car tuned and there was an 06 z06 in there with an lsx454 with a 13:1 CR. I was like fuuuuuuuck!!! 200 or so shot of nitrous on top of it lol. Makes like 650whp all motor

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back