STUMPED: Questions about a 2007 Mustang at a dealer here locally in okc

bakerjd

Resident Bum
Reaction score
Dealers like this are complete scum. I hate when they try to take advantage of an unsuspecting potential buyer.

swedensky

forum member
Reaction score
Dealers like this are complete scum. I hate when they try to take advantage of an unsuspecting potential buyer.

As a dealership employee, I'll stand up for them (giving them the benefit of the doubt)...

KBB value for an 07 GT Premium with those miles is over $20k. So they're not overpriced for "retail value" they are right on the money. It'd be different if they said "Oh, look at this awesome custom master piece - only $35,988!!"

Also, I'd be willing to guess that the guy (or girl?) who traded this in, fed them every line that they've typed. I highly doubt a GM dealer looked at the Mustang and knew all of those facts/terms/packages (although some places do it) and I'm sure they didnt search all over the car for that sticker JUST so they could advertise it as a 5.0. Most likely, the previous owner wanted more for his run of the mill mutt-stang and said "I need more for my trade it's got this,this,this, etc etc"

Just my .02 I could be wrong, but I see both sides every day =)

bakerjd

Resident Bum
Reaction score
As a dealership employee, I'll stand up for them (giving them the benefit of the doubt)...

KBB value for an 07 GT Premium with those miles is over $20k. So they're not overpriced for "retail value" they are right on the money. It'd be different if they said "Oh, look at this awesome custom master piece - only $35,988!!"

Also, I'd be willing to guess that the guy (or girl?) who traded this in, fed them every line that they've typed. I highly doubt a GM dealer looked at the Mustang and knew all of those facts/terms/packages (although some places do it) and I'm sure they didnt search all over the car for that sticker JUST so they could advertise it as a 5.0. Most likely, the previous owner wanted more for his run of the mill mutt-stang and said "I need more for my trade it's got this,this,this, etc etc"

I'm not saying they're overcharging but you explained exactly what I meant by that. People that make up their own "special package" to make more money are what I was referring to. Should have specified. You're absolutely right that this is priced accordingly.

swedensky

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not saying they're overcharging but you explained exactly what I meant by that. People that make up their own "special package" to make more money are what I was referring to. Should have specified. You're absolutely right that this is priced accordingly.

Well I'm saying in this case the dealership probably didn't make up their own special package. They probably just believe what they were told about the car.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Believing what they are told and false advertising. Every dealership should have to research the car before they put it on the lot. Somebody could buy this car thinking it has a 5.0 in it because the dealer literally is telling them that it does. Ive seen dealers around here stick boss stickers on s197 cars and market it as a boss same with roush stickers and saleen stickers. Sounds like a big law suit waiting to happen to me. If I was a dummy and bought it then it was brought to my attention that its just a plain old gt Id be highly pissed off

bakerjd

Resident Bum
Reaction score
Believing what they are told and false advertising. Every dealership should have to research the car before they put it on the lot. Somebody could buy this car thinking it has a 5.0 in it because the dealer literally is telling them that it does. Ive seen dealers around here stick boss stickers on s197 cars and market it as a boss same with roush stickers and saleen stickers. Sounds like a big law suit waiting to happen to me. If I was a dummy and bought it then it was brought to my attention that its just a plain old gt Id be highly pissed off

I also agree with this lol

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score

In court, this is fraudulent advertising period. A dealership is in the business of selling cars and has a responsibility to accurately represent what model/features they are selling. Likely someone sold them this car as describe but shame on them for doing zero research. I can't imagine a jeweler buying fake diamonds from me because I told him they were real.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Well I'm saying in this case the dealership probably didn't make up their own special package. They probably just believe what they were told about the car.

.....and you think this is the first car to ever come thru the dealership that is questionable? They deal with trade-ins every day of the week, they should be pros at identifying the BS on stickers and badges.

I can 100% guarantee they pulled a report on that car when they took it in.

I don't think they are trying to make more money from it, even thou 19k seems high to me? But I do think they are trying to increase the wow factor to sell it faster.

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
I agree here as well they need to do their research. There was a dealer selling a car here that had a Roush conversion on it when it was just a modified gt with basic CDC parts on it, thats just plain ignorance in my opinion

I also agree with this lol

Originally Posted by muztangman93

agree its priced well even as a 4.6 but its the fact thats its saying its a 5.0 and its not (unless bored/stroked like someone else said but highly doubt it). Its like buying a GTO and they say its a 6.0 and its really a 5.7. Not a big deal to some but it is for others im sure

Agree, priced as a regular GT.

good analogy on the diamond. Im sure a customer cant just come in and say hey this is a 3 carat diamond and sell it to them and then they resell it as a 3 when its really a 2

In court, this is fraudulent advertising period. A dealership is in the business of selling cars and has a responsibility to accurately represent what model/features they are selling. Likely someone sold them this car as describe but shame on them for doing zero research. I can't imagine a jeweler buying fake diamonds from me because I told him they were real.

Last edited by a moderator:

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
If a person sales or trades a car in they can play ignorant even if they know the truth. As long as there is no evidence that they knew otherwise its as is. Now if the person trading or selling his vehicle has an ad written up stating this and that and someone buys it and buyer finds out differently it is considered fraud and they can sue the seller for full amount possibly more.

These rules are held in place even more for a dealership because they are operating a business where they are supposed to accurately describe what they have. They cannot go out to a mustang and put a z06 sticker on it and then print up an ad calling it a one of a kind ford mustang z06 corvette that is exactly what is happening here and at alot of dealers. Then know what they have they are playing tom foolery period. If they dont know what they have then whoever did the ad should be fired for not properly describing the vehicle.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back