Stupid Question... does S197 have a MAP sensor like '03 Cobra???

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
I think the answer is no... but I wanted to ask. And if it does, can it read boost? so when you connect a OBD II reader, can you see boost?

If so, is it a 2 or 3 bar map?

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think the answer is no... but I wanted to ask. And if it does, can it read boost? so when you connect a OBD II reader, can you see boost?

If so, is it a 2 or 3 bar map?
No MAP... Boost can only be read from an aftermarket sensor...

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
No MAP... Boost can only be read from an aftermarket sensor...

A factory Saleen SC car has a MAP sensor (brass) on the front passenger side of the supercharger on the intake runner. On the 281 cars, it is measured at 10psi. On the extreme cars, the unit is a 15psi. So in bar that would be approximately a .68 bar and a 1 bar map sensor.

On a MGT, you can use an electric/electronic gauge with a MAP style sensor, or a mechanical gauge just by Ting into a vaccum line that goes to direct manifold (sees vaccum and boost).

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
Chris... bottomline, there is no factory MAP sensor on the S197s like a terminator (03/04 cobras)... right?

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
Well, if you consider a Saleen factory, then yes. Although it is nothing more than a heavily modified MGT, if you run the VIN then your car can be identified as a Saleen production vehicle, therefore in my mind it is differentiated enough to be called a factory Saleen vehicle and different from a MGT.

On a Mustang GT, on your car, no, bottom line is no factory MAP sensor.

GrtWht

Reaction score
The one on the Saleen.....is not really a MAP. Actually it is a SW fuel pressure sending unit.

So No, the S197 do not have a MAP.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Chris... bottomline, there is no factory MAP sensor on the S197s like a terminator (03/04 cobras)... right?
That is correct, he is just complicating the issue...
Ignore him, we all do:idea::roflmao:

J/K Chris...

N/A stangs don't have a MAP sensor from the factory...

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wanted to be different.
Sorry, couldn't be helped...
unique.jpg

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
You are such an e-bully.
Leave my poor little car alone.
My wife blew it up last week.

Terminator power time. Let's see the trash talk when it's putting 650 to the tire on pump gas.

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
Electric water pump popped the 20A mini fuse. She didn't notice the coolant gauge was pegged until it was billowing white, sweet smoke out the rear.

huge damage to the heads, valves, and split a Teksid block - I have not once heard or seen another case of this in all my searching and more than ten years being exposed to OEM and high performance Fords.

new build will be a full terminator swap - I'm into the same appear-OEM style as the guys here at JDM - from a built 298 using a Teksid block and stock sized Manley stainless valvetrain - mild stage 1 comp cams, long tubes with cats, my side exits. 95R fuel tank, fuel system, 60s, BA2400, 140AX gen 2 hoping for 650-675 on 93 octane at the tires through a t56.

I'll leave the 4.30s in the car because I'm a retard, finish off the MM suspension, do some other little projects I've wanted to do like get the matching sparco seat, cage it, and paint it corvette orange and get some black CCW 505As and bigger brakes. no real purpose other than to take it out on the highway and be stupid on weekends.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Electric water pump popped the 20A mini fuse. She didn't notice the coolant gauge was pegged until it was billowing white, sweet smoke out the rear.
Ouch...

Well, glad you are fixing it up... Sounds like fun...

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
Well at least you have a good excuse w/ your wife as to why you need to spend all the cash on a car... I mean she blew it up!!! You should get her to work a little extra OT to help pay for the fix...

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
1. She still owes me a car for marrying her. I haven't forgotten.
2. She got her new, nice Escape, every option that she wanted, I did not say no to anything on this thing, before I got said car.
3. She blew up my toy.

When I got home, she thought I'd be pissed, but I played nice, understanding, it's not your fault husband. And the next day clearly explained that I would be building the fvck out of it this time, buying a F350 diesel and a trailor, and regulating the car to strictly show/racing. Which will offset 1, 2, and 3. I will leave the diesel near stock - tune, intake, elbow, intercooler, full 4" turboback, lift, tint, tires and wheels - I love those reliable 7.3's!!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back