Supercharger Delimma

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
I'm having bad thoughts about selling my, yet uninstalled (read still in the boxes) Novi 2200 kit and most of the extra's I bought in favor of doing a entire suspension rebuild. I plan on racing the car Auto-X and Road Coarse even with the supercharger. But, I am also planning on buying a house in September... So having extra cash would be nice.

If you were me would you;

A: Keep the supercharger kit and do some minor suspension and break upgrades and ding the savings account a bit.

or

B: Sell the supercharger kit and accoutrements, do a full suspension build with new wheels, good tires and GT500 Brembo's. While keeping a bit of extra cash to spend on the new prospective house?

People of S197forums, what would YOU do?

sean858

forum member
Reaction score
Keep the supercharger. Buying, selling and then re-buying is a pain in the ass and you know you'll want the supercharger eventually.

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
If its for the 2011+ you should sell me the kit ;)

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
If its for the 2011+ you should sell me the kit ;)

Nahh its for a 05-10 Novi 2200 HO kit.

I am going to mull it over till the weekend, but I think I am going to put it up for sale by Saturday or Sunday.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
I guess it depends on how much you need the money for the house. If keeping it prevents you from buying a house, sell it. If you have a big enough cushion in the bank, keep it.

I wasn't much help was I?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Put the supercharger on and do the rest piecemeal.

BTW I have to ask, is the supercharger for 05-06 or 07-09?

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Then save up as much money as you can. You dont realize how much you will spend in the first year or two. Trust me. Stay the hell out of Home Depot..

QFT.

I couldn't count how many times we were in there the first couple of months. I'm still making trips every other week it seems.

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
Buy the house!

Thats not in question. I have the loan ready to go, trying to get my credit score up 7 points and then I'm pulling the trigger. The question I guess is how much extra cash am I going to want to have laying around... I think having as much extra $$ as possible is a good idea, but I have been waiting since I bought the car new to supercharge it. Now that I can, priorities once again are taking hold... Bahh.... :rant:

28ONE

Reaction score
Thats not in question. I have the loan ready to go, trying to get my credit score up 7 points and then I'm pulling the trigger. The question I guess is how much extra cash am I going to want to have laying around... I think having as much extra $$ as possible is a good idea, but I have been waiting since I bought the car new to supercharge it. Now that I can, priorities once again are taking hold... Bahh.... :rant:

I'm buying a condo and I'm waiting for all the paperwork to get done myself. I'm waiting till I do a few upgrades, save some cash and then it's time for the supercharger!

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Trust me. Stay the hell out of Home Depot..

LOL, sound advice right there. Very true. I've been in my house almost 8 years, and I still can't stay out of Home Depot. You think modding a car is expensive, wait til you start modding a house.

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score

The real question is, how important is corner carving to you? Given you already have a dragster and will assume that that is your primary 1/4 mile bandit. Is your GT a daily driver? Is your reason for supercharging it so you can enjoy the car on the street or make a # (HP, Lap time, 1/4-1/8 mile time etc.)? These are really the questions you need to answer.

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
bro, i would keep the blower since you have it and for the road coarse just build it slowly. SS lines, pads and fluid will go a long way and it's cheap. another choice is to hang onto the blower and don't install it and sell it only if you have to later on. guys around here will scoop it up in a heartbeat.

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
The real question is, how important is corner carving to you? Given you already have a dragster and will assume that that is your primary 1/4 mile bandit. Is your GT a daily driver? Is your reason for supercharging it so you can enjoy the car on the street or make a # (HP, Lap time, 1/4-1/8 mile time etc.)? These are really the questions you need to answer.

I don't 'pilot' the dragster. Just tune it. My Mustang is not a DD. I want to supercharge it because I want more power. Been driving it with near stock power for 5 years and wanted something more. The decrease in ET's and time attack/lap times would just be a extra benefit from that. The car will be a corner carver for sure. The question now is do I need the power or the money more? I think I'm leading to the toward the money for the time being at least. We shall see. If I don't have a classified add up tonight, I'll be mulling it over till the weekend at least.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back