Superchargers

FMVeep

Reaction score
I am considering in the future installing a supercharger. The research I have done indicates that most will require removing the front cross-brace which I don't want to do. Which is the best one to fit my needs? Is Pro Charger a good brand? Any other suggestions? I am looking for reliability above anything else.

TOWGUNNER

forum member
Reaction score
Hp goals? Do you want instant tq?
Procharger
Vmp gen 2 and 3
Paxton
Whipple

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Get the BMR K member and brace and you won't miss the strut brace. Add the steeda X brace in the trunk and you will be stiff as a board.

mrt2you

forum member
Reaction score
with a BMR drop K member with their motor mounts and doing a DOB 450 intake with the 07-12 M122 stock GT500 supercharger, the stock bullitt strut tower brace will bolt on.
i know this because i have done it.

travelers

Reaction score
I believe the OP is talking about the front bumper brace between the frame rails.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
I believe the OP is talking about the front bumper brace between the frame rails.
If that's the case, I'd venture to guess any centrifugal kit would work, and probably just have to get a particular brace that's known to clear a particular Positive displacement blower if that's the type of blower you want.

mrt2you

forum member
Reaction score

I'm confused.
witch front brace?
the upper tie bar aka upper radiator support, lower radiator sway bar mount, or the front bumper reinforcement that bolts to the front of the frame rails?
the bumper reinforcement? i have a 3X pass heat exchanger that fit after minor mods to the brackets.
the lower radiator support that is also called the front sway bar mount? the stock one won't interfere with anything. i do have a aftermarket light one installed. i had to shim it down a little bit because my performance aftermarket radiator was a little tall to fit.

the factory radiator support? my DOB kit with a TVS supercharger doesn't interfere with anything. with aftermarket degas tanks make things a little tight, but my biggest problem was getting hood clearance with the 10 and up GT500 hood vent i installed about 1" to far forward than it should be.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Even then... I would like to see strain gauge info. AND, even if the car is moving, how much camber are you losing - anything detectable on street rubber?

46addict

Reaction score
say what?

Strut tower brace. I too, don't see why a STB would be needed unless it's purely for aesthetics. Unwanted camber changes can be reduced with a good SLA front suspension. The band aid fix is to use stiffer springs to curb vertical movements but that can crate another set of issues.

These front heavy cars are understeer prone to begin with and stiffening the front chassis end with a STB would make things worse.

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I am considering in the future installing a supercharger. The research I have done indicates that most will require removing the front cross-brace which I don't want to do. Which is the best one to fit my needs? Is Pro Charger a good brand? Any other suggestions? I am looking for reliability above anything else.

PM SENT!!

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
My mistake, I assumed we were talking about the S197 body style. My 12, 13 and 14(convertible) GT500's did not come with a STB.

This also includes the 12,13 and 14 S197 (coupe) with premium, performance/track packages.. They were also included on the 12-13 Boss 302..

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

Procharger is a good brand and no, you won't need to remove any brace to install it.

Still not sure if you are referring to the strut tower brace or something else but it is designed to fit around all of the existing structure.

A Procharger will take you a long way but there are so many good choices. I'd suggest that you get familiar with the search function and do some searching.

I've had a FRPP Whipple, Paxton, Procharger, and DOB with a GT 500 M122 blower. All are good setups, all have strong points.

Figure out what you are looking for, what you might want to do to the motor and drivetrain to support the power and start searching.

All of the above mentioned setups will put a smile on your face. Maybe at different points in the rpm range but you will be smiling.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back