SVT Cobra Mustang Club (SCMC) at VIR Full Course 24-26 May!

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
Okay, who is going to this 3 day event at the Virginia International Raceway (VIR) on their 3.2 mile full course circuit?

Come and join the SVT Cobra Mustang Club, SVT Owner's Association, Track Club USA, Modular Boss and new for this year, the Roush Road Crew for their annual SVT Superfest to be held on Memorial Day weekend. You do not have to be an SVT owner in order to participate in the event but if you want to drive on track over the weekend, you must be a member of one of these three clubs.

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19018

2013 SVT Superfest Registration Form.pdf

VIROverview.jpg

Last edited:

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
I want to make love to your car Steve. At this point, I'm wondering why you didn't just get the boss despite not having nav. lol

Are they running a true HPDE at this event or parade laps? It sounded to me like they weren't requiring helmets and had speed restrictions.

Dig-It

Reaction score
I'll be there too.

It's a true HPDE. Parade laps are during lunch.

The only helmets and speed restrictions are the ones you bring.

steveespo

forum member
Reaction score
I want to make love to your car Steve. At this point, I'm wondering why you didn't just get the boss despite not having nav. lol

Are they running a true HPDE at this event or parade laps? It sounded to me like they weren't requiring helmets and had speed restrictions.

This event is so good it's not funny. More track time over the 3 days then you will ever want, full Ford Motor Company/SVT participation, they bring 3 trailers with the latest cars and give lap rides for charity all day. Guest speakers at the Saturday night Banquet, we get inside info on what is coming down the line from SVT and FoMoCo. I am staying in the Villas this year with a garage space on the front straight, Last year we stayed in the Lodges and that was nice too. Check out virnow.com for info on lodging. Tony, Pat and Marcie are top knotch people who put on a great show. It is well worth the cost and the trip from Charlotte should be easy for you.

As for why I didn't buy the Boss, well I never thought it would get this far and I wanted the cool electronics factory installed etc. I also did not want to wait as I am very impatient. So I did the next best thing and built one, piece by piece with Ford factory parts, some of which I have already replaced with aftermarket mods. I am happy and in the not too distant future I will pick up a '13 Boss used with 15000 miles on it for 2/3rds original price. Although if Ford makes a killer S-550 Mustang in 2014 I may go that route.........

Hope to meet you all at VIR.
Steve

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score

I did their event last year. No parade laps. Lot's of good track time.

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
Your car going to be ready by then?

I brought my Mustang home yesterday! Now to see if I can get the 500 miles on the new engine and oils changed before the event.

Otherwise, I'm bringing the C5. The Mustang came out great! JDM did a quality job on my project - its time to check the results!

Last edited:

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score

This HPDE is definitely the one to make this year! I run with several HPDE clubs, and this one tops the list for fun, safety and organization! 1st Class.

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
This HPDE is definitely the one to make this year! I run with several HPDE clubs, and this one tops the list for fun, safety and organization! 1st Class.

Well then, I guess I'll be skipping Roebling road next month. VIR looks like more fun anyway! I was planning to there in July with NASA, but May sounds good to me.

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
Are Verts allowed on track without a roll bar?
Looks like a fun event, long drive for a East TN boy if I can't use the track.

I believe VIR requires convertibles to have a 4 point roll bar in order to pass tech inspection for HPDE since they don't came with factory roll hoops to protect the driver.

Mustang259

forum member
Reaction score
Bummer, guess I will stick to the curves in my local area, not all bad since I get to drive US129 whenever I want.
Hope the weather cooperates and you folks have a great track weekend.

Ponykix

Reaction score
I was there last year in a 2007 GT and had a great time. This year I will be back in 2012 GT. Still have a lot of work to do before it is track ready. Looking forward to it.:highfive:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back