Tell me what happened?

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
Tell me what you think happened?

The other day 2 of my friends and I go looking for chevy's to race, 1 sprchrgd s197 raced a C6 vette the other day from a roll, before i tell the store let me tell you details of each car. we were already around town beating on the ricers.

car 1
Sprchrgd s197's car is a paxton 2200 novi supercharger with 10lbs of boost he is tuned 450, b/c his boost a pump is maxed out and couldn't supply enough fuel so he hasn't installed his upgraded fuel system yet. He has delete plats, off/road mac axle backs, suspension work done to it.

car 2
C6 vette, 07 model (GUY CLAIMS STOCK) so about 400 or 405 to crank lets say engine is ideal say lets give it the 14% drivetrain loss b/c it is a automatic so it is 340 or 345 to rwhp correct or somewhere in or around there

car 3
08 gt/cs , procharged (with timing taken out of tune by DYNOSPEED) 514rwhp, car has ported heads and cams, 62mm body, delete plates, exhaust off/road, suspension work. ram air hood that is fabricated for his procharged cold air intake and ducts to blow over his procharger head unit.

car 4 (me)
351/349 - bolt-ons and frpp cam (i'm in my daily driver mustang)

Now to the race from a roll on the honk start sprchrgd s197's car jumped 3 cars out on the vette and at about 110 sprchrgd car is still pulling then all of sudden it was like a video game, the vette came from 4 cars back and shot passed sprchrgd s197 like he was standing still and kept pulling 1 car , 2 car, 3 car, 4 car, 5 car until the vette let out of it. During this time Car number 3 with 514 rwhp was not able to catch the 340ish c6 07 vette and the vette pulled on him to.

After we stop at the gas station Sprchrgd gets out of his car and says exactly " You won you beat me but your car isn't stock" , the vette owner and his crew say's bull shit my car is stock i havn't done anything to it, you can ook at my engine. Sprchrgd s197 says there is no way you can come brack from 3 cars that fast and pull 5 cars ahead and the 514rwhp car couldn't even catch you.

What do you think happened? Vette has spray right, or that sts turbo system behind the tail pipe, I was the camera man but it's not even worth posting the vid b/c you can't see shit it was 2:00am in the morning and trying to drive 120mph and shoot video was difficult, i ended up dropping the camera so i could grip the steering wheel.

Last edited:

Shades

Reaction score
if he had a STS turbo system there would be no second guessing it, those things are ungodly loud (and suck)

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
My guess was he was on the bottle.

Thats what i was thinking but the guy was Like " I swear on my so and so and so grave my car is stock" and his buddies were preaching the same thing, so if his car is completely stock for that matter, could something have happened to supercharged's car , he say he shifted perfectly as always and didn't miss any gear.

badgt06

Stratafortress
Reaction score
There is still the possibility that his car is stock...one thing that makes a vette so fast is aerodynamics. What gears are installed on the mustangs? A C6 with the longer stock gears will be slow from the hit but will catch up and pass us above 100. 4.10's crap out completely at 120 and just about the same with 3.73's. From some of the guys I know who street race the general rule is a mustang needs about 100hp above a vette to win.

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
I have no idea what happened, but I'm sure the story ends with the four of you naked.

lol, that's some gay shit dude, I read it all again and still trying to figure out how would you read all that and come up with "i'm sure the story ends with the four of you naked" roflmao

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
There is still the possibility that his car is stock...one thing that makes a vette so fast is aerodynamics. What gears are installed on the mustangs? A C6 with the longer stock gears will be slow from the hit but will catch up and pass us above 100. 4.10's crap out completely at 120 and just about the same with 3.73's. From some of the guys I know who street race the general rule is a mustang needs about 100hp above a vette to win.

i have 3.73, the vette i have no idea what stock is, car 1 has 3.55 and car 3 has 3.55

100 rwhp horsepower advantage still doesn't add up, both have over 100 advantage and car 3 has nearly 200 advantage.

Black Tooth Grin

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
lol, that's some gay shit dude, I read it all again and still trying to figure out how would you read all that and come up with "i'm sure the story ends with the four of you naked" roflmao

Because it was more polite than saying "you dumb ass... you are street racing and you really think someone told you the truth about what was done to their car?"

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
Because it was more polite than saying "you dumb ass... you are street racing and you really think someone told you the truth about what was done to their car?"

99% they do, b/c it well known and the moto here is to race what you bring and if the winner gets caught lying well thats 5 to 10 in prison for the loser. Which is one of the reason's the cops used to sit by the track when it used to be open. Now that is closed the nearest 1/4 mile track is over 200miles away so all the racers in TN are forced to take their cars to the streets or private property lands. I wish Pinks could come back they exposed alot of bull shit guys when they came.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did the Mustang run out of gear and had to shift to 5th?? What was the weather like?

1FastS197

Reaction score
car 3
08 gt/cs , procharged (with timing taken out of tune by DYNOSPEED) 514rwhp, car has ported heads and cams, 62mm body, delete plates, exhaust off/road, suspension work. ram air hood that is fabricated for his procharged cold air intake and ducts to blow over his procharger head unit.

car 3 black with black bullitt wheels? i think i seen it at DynoSpeed when we was up there...

badgt06

Stratafortress
Reaction score
Did the Mustang run out of gear and had to shift to 5th?? What was the weather like?

It's still questionable. 2 of my friends raced once: kb cobra making 590 and a full exhaust /fast intake vette. It was a very close race and surprised the shit outta both of them.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Reads like a Fast Vette .............

tigerhonaker

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yawn...

The vettte had to use his baby bottle to keep up with the stangs, sad.

//

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back