Thinking of a Master Plan...

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've been running -2.5º camber and 1/8" toe in since 2006.
With frequent tire rotations I've been able to get 3 summers and 30,000 miles out of a set of Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's.
I just ordered a new set of tires and the Michelins are still at 3/32 which will be perfect for a day of lapping.

Thinkkker

Reaction score
Enkei NTs03+M

They weigh in at 21#'s each. From what I found out there, to go this large this is one of the only choices under 25#'s at this price range. You can get some knockoff ones at around 27#'s from what I have seen for less, but for the money I like these. To get close to the weight the only other option that can fit are CCW's at double the price.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Something a lot of mustang owners seem to skip is the alignment, which IMO is the most important part.

It's like building the hell out of your engine and running a crappy canned tune.

Most alignment places just set the camber at 0.

I can't stand it, my wrx which runs -3 upfront turns on a dime, for a street driven car I would recommnd around -1.5 as it's a middle ground between performance and tire wear.

As long as the the toe is zero'd out, tire wear will be fine. I highly recommend more camber on these cars, makes a world of difference and helps eliminate alot of understeer that these cars have.

Cliff notes; run more camber for optimal performance, -1.5 front is my suggestion
I agree with the alignment part but not all canned tunes are crappy.
Mine has gotten me a best of 11.139:clap:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back