ticking time bomb?

nathan5.0

Reaction score
hey guys and gals the other day i was by a wall and i went to take off in my 2012 5.0 mt85 and i herd this ticking sound coming from the motor and it wasn't valve train making the sound it was new to me. so i got to work and my buddy and i took a look at it. the sound really comes out when it is hot and the motor has a lode on it so if i rev to like 1k with a/c off it might do it but is i rev to 1k with a/c on it do it. now i have had a hard time pin pointing where the sound comes from some times it sounds like it could be coming from under and back by the fly wheel others ether sides of the heads and the sound is almost like a ticking sound but it also sounds kinda like a cracking sound and the higher the rpms the faster the tick/crack but you hit a high enough rpm it stops or it could be that its just to fast for me to hear. if any of yall have had this problem any thing would be great!!!!!!!! and i really hope its not like waht the title says
oh and the car has 55k miles on it.:helpme::helpme::helpme::helpme::helpme::helpme::helpme::helpme:

fullthrtle

forum member
Reaction score
get it to a dealership you have 5yr/ 60,000 on the factory powertrain warranty

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
MaraudingCrowd.jpg~original

nathan5.0

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I would be more than happy to read the posting rules if you could point me the right way to find them

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
its your flux capacitor going out...too much technology in these coyote motors i say..

nathan5.0

Reaction score
Ok so I read the rules or at least what I think the rules are but I still don't see what all of y'all are up in arms about

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not tech.

How many miles on the car? Is it still under warranty? What are your mods? Oh and people have to take Advil after reading your post.

nathan5.0

Reaction score
I guess I don't understand fully what tech means I felt like it belonged in the tech. But sorry for the mistake

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

nathan5.0

Reaction score
Well it has 55k on it and the only mod is axle back and in the process of getting an extended warranty.
Oh and as for my post giving people headaches I am fully aware of that but that's not why I posted on here now is it so instead of implying how bad my grammar and punctuation is even tho you have no clue what I have been though to get to this point can we please get to the reason I posted on here come on i thought this is what this is here for helping a fellow mustang owner out not they suck at writing.
Thank you

Back