Timing Problems

Jrouse20

Reaction score
What’s going on yall Im needing some help, I have a 2007 gt with 204,000 miles ik it’s a bit but she runs good till now lol..

so I’ve replaced the plugs, coils, vcts, cam position sensor, rollers, lifters and I believe that’s all been in like 5 months time. Started this process because it’s had a slight tick and ran like shit after each part it seemed to be alright then back to shit.

Most recently after I changed the rollers and lifters most of the tick went away and it seemed to run much better till I went to park the car just died. Or I’ll go to get gas seems to be running good but once I get into low gear the car just shuts off.

So just recently I’ve replaced the phasers and most likely fucked the timing..
the drivers side went smooth but the passenger side man it was nothing compared.

I used the timing wedge during the removal of both but during the passenger the wedge was in the way so I thought to take it out and hold the chain tight, as I did it felt as a loose bike chain jumped a tooth. Once it happened I knew something was up. But afterwards I went on to install the passenger side phaser which I had to remove 3 of the cam caps to be able to fit the phaser on.

After wards I went to crank and no start no gas thought that could help but no throttle. Also when I try to turn the crank by hand it is much harder than before.

Is it time to remover to timing cover sure won’t be fun but I’m ready to drive this car already..

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
You have 200,000 miles on the clock so a timing set replacement is a very good idea. Remove the front cover and replace the crank gear, timing chains, tensioners and guides and phasers. Use only Ford parts here. Timing the cams with the front cover off is very easy.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
You have 200,000 miles on the clock so a timing set replacement is a very good idea. Remove the front cover and replace the crank gear, timing chains, tensioners and guides and phasers. Use only Ford parts here. Timing the cams with the front cover off is very easy.
THIS

Jrouse20

Reaction score
Messed with the timing yesterday had to move the phasers around, running better than ever now. Thanks for the answer tho ;)

JC SSP

Reaction score
To add to midlife important info replace oil pump too. Anyone else please chime in since I am planning on doing this soon.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back