Tinted Fogs on 05-09 Roush Bumper

bigpappy33

11.17@126
Reaction score
So I acquired a spare set of fog lights for my car, and decided to have a little VHT experiment. I haven't seen tinted fogs on a Roush bumper yet, so I gave it a shot. Just wet sanded and put on 1 coat of VHT (albeit a thick ass coat).

Tinted
IMG_2379.jpg

Before
IMG_2381.jpg

IMG_2382.jpg

One Installed

IMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

Both Installed

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

I am on the fence about it. It looks really dark in some light, kind of like they are covers. When I look at them, I think I should go back, but then I look at the picture of the clear ones... and like the tinted ones again lol. I still have my clear set, and am thinking of doing an extremely light coat on them just to be truly satisfied.

Opinions????

Last edited:

Black_GT

SIIXVII
Reaction score
I like the look of your car with them tinted. Although I never understood why fella's tint lights? It defeats the purpose of using or having them IMO. None the less, your car looks great!

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Perfect..... Leave em tinted

bigpappy33

11.17@126
Reaction score
I think I am going to keep them tinted, now the question is should I try to sand them down and redo them lighter? Or should I just sell them off and do my other set a lighter tint closer to the headlights?

limetym

forum member
Reaction score
looks good. if those start chipping or anything and you get tired of them, K2motors has them pre tinted. I ordered some when i had my roush but sold the car before i could put them on. they looked high quality. By the way love your car.

bigpappy33

11.17@126
Reaction score
looks good. if those start chipping or anything and you get tired of them, K2motors has them pre tinted. I ordered some when i had my roush but sold the car before i could put them on. they looked high quality. By the way love your car.

Thanks, do you have any pics of those on a car? It's hard to tell how dark they are without seeing them installed. Just learned that with these! lol

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don't you dare take the tint off. It's hot!

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
Sell these to iRoush and then tint your other set to your liking, if he doesnt want them then keep them on the car they look hot and they tie into the headlights perfectly.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
I think they look sweet and match they headlights. Your whole car has the dark sinister look... needed fogs to match!

limetym

forum member
Reaction score
I never got to put them on the car. I gave them to my cousin to put on his 02 with a cobra bumper. I traded my roush off shortly after i got them. they didnt look extremely dark though. they match my cousins smoked headlights on his car pretty good and im pretty sure his headlights are from either american muscle or mr body kit.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back