toyo or general?

musshoss

forum member
Reaction score
toyo proxe 4 or general exclaim uhp?
im going to run 295/30/20 and 255/35/20 on my new wheels (Fx9") (Rx10.5) and i was wondering about these tires. the generals are a little cheaper and i have a friend that is running them but he isnt lowered either. my 06 will be lowered on eibach pro's. i have read about general having a soft side wall but have also heard about people having issues with toyo.

so, which ones?

KcMstang

forum member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat...looking @ lots of different sizes and brands. I currently have 255/35/20 ft and 285/30/20 rear Sumitomos that last pretty good but thinking I might go to the 295 or maybe 305 if I can find something with a good price tag.

musshoss

forum member
Reaction score
both of these are well priced tires but i just want to find out the experiences that people have had with them. im going with ONE of these two.

Jucostud

booooost'd
Reaction score
I'd do the toyo's. I see more people running them and they tend to wear a little better than the generals. Both are decent tires though. I've seen some terminators and a few sc'd gt's that like them and get decent mileage.

Peaky85

forum member
Reaction score
I ran the General's in a 20" on my Steeda Ultra Lite lowered '07, They are a good looking tire and rode as well (w/20") as the stock BFG 18". I have not put many miles on them due to the fact I went with big-N-littles. Not a bad tire for the money. My .02 cents.

musshoss

forum member
Reaction score
jucostud, are you talking about the toyo proxes 4? because im not so sure i can afford the T1-R...

DRock

Reaction score
Oh I too am in the same boat. I put 13000 miles on my car last year and i just dont have the money to be replacing tires all the time once i put my saleen 20's on.

fordrocks

forum member
Reaction score
I'm currently running the Toyo proxes 4 and they are a great tire imo for daily driving here in Miami and they hold up very well in rain.
I'm on 20's 235/35/20 front and 275/35/20 rears.
At the track though they spin quite a bit when you just dump the clutch. I'm ready for new tires, I'm most likely going with BFG KDW or Nitto Invos.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back