upper and lower grill question .....not the norm

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Does anyone with a billet upper and lower grill know if the angle is the same ? I'm looking to put one on the bottom but no one makes it for the cdc agg so I was thinking of cutting another upper down to fit . I have called a few places but no one wants to sell me a " oversized " lower and I'm not a big fan of mesh so that's out the question .

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i have a CDC style lower. mrbodykit.com man lol

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yea but you have the cdc classic not agg. the grill fits inside the lower grill insert on yours hence why I need the " over sized " one to compensate for not having the lower grill portion

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i have a CDC aggressive lower and one day when i get the time and it gets warmer out im going to modify a mrbodykit lower to fit it. i already have the grill and i would like to do it since i want to put a brake cooling kit on it and i would like to hide it a little.im thinking that since the CDC has that whole piece to fit inside the lower part of the bumper, that this would be good to hold the grill against with the tension screws it came with. i am just going to get some cardboard and cut it to size to make a stencil to cut the grill. for what its worth, the grille i have is the black billet lower from MBK, and it is too big to fit. so a little trimming should make it perfect

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i have a CDC aggressive lower and one day when i get the time and it gets warmer out im going to modify a mrbodykit lower to fit it. i already have the grill and i would like to do it since i want to put a brake cooling kit on it and i would like to hide it a little.im thinking that since the CDC has that whole piece to fit inside the lower part of the bumper, that this would be good to hold the grill against with the tension screws it came with. i am just going to get some cardboard and cut it to size to make a stencil to cut the grill. for what its worth, the grille i have is the black billet lower from MBK, and it is too big to fit. so a little trimming should make it perfect

kool deal man that's what I needed to hear I knew it should be close being the agg has a little " lip " that goes around the opening but wasn't looking to dump the cash for no reason if it had already been tried .

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
yeah it definitely doesnt fit, but once the snow is gone and i have my car back i will work something out of it

Boozshey

Reaction score
I have a black lower that came with the upper. I am going to cut it up to fit the lower. But you can get one for like $40 on ebay and cut it up yourself.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have GT500KR lower in my PJ facia... dont fear the dremmel :naughty1:

'make' angles similar... cut/snip and a trip or two to Stein's

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh believe me I am not scared of the dremel I already hacked out all of the filled " honeycomb " spots on the upper lol . Hell that was 2 weeks after I bought it . I just didn't feel like spending cash on something that was already known not to work ..... Especially since the car may be gone in a few weeks anyway . Yes I know why am I doing this if the car is sold anyway ? Simple I am getting way more for it than I could imagine trading it in lol .

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back