Well.... I DID IT!! read to find out how quick it actually went:)

Quiksilver

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats!

I would love to know your setup for the sake of curiosity. I am a big fan of n/a. Could you add some details?

ps. Thanks for the shaft on the way to Dubai - I am very excited and cant wait to fit it!

spyder7724

Reaction score
Ron, Glad to hear it made it. Hope everything in the tune worked out for you, I see you got the number though.

Give me a call sometime this week. We are leaving SEMA today and headed back home for a day.
will do.
the tune worked fine but i think i killed the battery l;ast week when i left the fan/pump running while trying to fix a flat cause from 5200rpms-on in high gear it was missing evident by the low mph on all those runs.
it wasn't the new tune cause it did it on the very first run with my old tune and nothing i did to adjust a/f seemed to help.
when i yanked the belt for that last run the car was acting a bit weird and when i was on the return road the windows wouldn't work and the radio reset while the car was still running. in the past i was able to get two runs with without the belt and didn't ahve those issues at all.
just installed a new battery and i'm going to englishtown sunday to see how it runs.
i'm not the first to run 11's with a stock longblock n/a but i believe the first auto car and maybe the quickest stock motored n/a car period. i think jimIII went faster with his stroker n/a car.
best 60' was 1.602
1/8mile 7.60 @ 90mph

LSlayer

forum member
Reaction score
You one bad mutha.. Congrats and keep up the good work.

spyder7724

Reaction score
mods:
-SPYDERSHAFT aluminum driveshaft
-SCT xcal2 with tuning help from woodbone motorsports/bmachips/dynojoe
-TCI 4000 stall converter
-performance automatic deep pan w/dipstick
-4.30 gears
-bogarts and m/t e.t. streets (bias ply)
-LRP bite bars: traction bars(soon to be released)
-LRP LCA's (currently in R&D)
-strange engineering struts and shocks
-AJE k-member & a-arms
-front sway bar delete/ lightweight rad support
-butler built race seat (drivers side only no pass seat)
-hooker L/T headers w/ dynomax bullet mufflers
-steeda 80mm CAI custom LRP intake tube
-GT500 t/b with custom LRP spacer
-FRPP cmcv deletes
-stock intake manifold port matched to deletes
-mezeire e-w/p
-march fluidamper lower UDP
-p/s delete belt
-battery relocation
-prothane motor mounts
-RK sport ram air hood

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
NICE JOB! Congrats what's next 11.50?

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
11's N/A!!!!! Good Job!!!! Maybe one day I'll see 12's N/A with my vert...then again, I'll probably be blown by then!

You have your own personal built LCA's? If so, what difference is there between yours and CHE's, BMR, etc.?

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bad ass man, what a killer day a the track! Congrats on your goal its awesome to see you make it!

What were your 60' times like. I have been having serious converter problems. Ive tried 2 different stall speeds from PI but both are too low and actually hurt my 60's big time. Its been loosened up twice already and i cant stall it past 2500. Im going to try a TCI street fighter 3500 next week. Its a single plate, not like my PI multi disc. Is your converter single or mulit, i know ive asked but i forgot.

I just saw you have a 4000 stall, what can you launch it at?

Thanks for any info on your converter its freakin killing me right now!!

You did almost just bump me off fastest NA i went 11.87 but your on the stock engine thats impressive. Ive got to get my cams and front BMR suspension in and raise the bar again! Get a stroker motor in that bad boy and come play in low 11 sec land with me!!:beer:

JimIII

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ron - a heartfelt and sincere....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You earned it buddy!:allhail:

spyder7724

Reaction score
Bad ass man, what a killer day a the track! Congrats on your goal its awesome to see you make it!

What were your 60' times like. I have been having serious converter problems. Ive tried 2 different stall speeds from PI but both are too low and actually hurt my 60's big time. Its been loosened up twice already and i cant stall it past 2500. Im going to try a TCI street fighter 3500 next week. Its a single plate, not like my PI multi disc. Is your converter single or mulit, i know ive asked but i forgot.

I just saw you have a 4000 stall, what can you launch it at?

Thanks for any info on your converter its freakin killing me right now!!

You did almost just bump me off fastest NA i went 11.87 but your on the stock engine thats impressive. Ive got to get my cams and front BMR suspension in and raise the bar again! Get a stroker motor in that bad boy and come play in low 11 sec land with me!!:beer:

JimIII
there is a zex kit sitting on bench right now but i'm not sure i want to do that. i'm really having fun messing with it and doing the n/a thing right now. also i've had nitrous on a couple of my cars before and i have a problem with it....i'm greedy. oh it'll take a little more....i'll bet if i kick out 2 more degrees of timing i could run the full250 shot...just problems for me thats what i see.
but it would be fun to see how quick i could go on the stock longblock. twin turbos and nitrous. just one run in the 9's would be cool...
once i get the missing in high gear solved it should run 4-5 mph faster and hopefully pickup some e.t. as well

nice finally meeting you jim, i left after my 2nd time run cause i knew they couldn't get the race in and i figured why wait around for another 3-4 hours for nothing?
anyway pm me and let me know how the TCI converter works for you.i was going to call PI and have them do a super loose on for me but maybe i'll hold off for now.

Back