What have you done to your mustang today?

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
It's the perfect angle right there. I am going to shop the fronts to be lettered as rears. Then save for future trolling.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Installed my CS/Boss lower rear bumper.

1w7u.jpg

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Peeled Plasti Dip off of rear spoiler
Removed tint from back up lights
Preparing to remove Plasti Dip from hood vents

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
UCA and mount installed, pinion angle set. I forgot what a huge difference the aftermarket UCA makes. I think it may have also cleared up my 80+ vibration, but I'll see on the freeway since sustaining 80 is a bit much for the roads around here.

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Due to the fact I got screwed by my other painter I couldn't continue to display his work in good conscience. Couple that with some discontent with stock pieces, and Mr. Anal rears his little head. This will center on the radiator cover and the extensions.

One thing that has annoyed me since day one is the fact that the rad cover is too short, which causes it to buffet and hit the hood. I found one in a bone yard to use as donor material and purchased a new one for the final product. The first step was to extend the front lip so it will sit in the grill. I fired up an old soldering iron and used the technique of plastic welding.

There are extra holes, rod support openings and a much larger opening for the hood latch than I liked, so those got some attention too.

I noted that the hood was impacting the extensions, which isn't too important unless they're going to be painted. You know me, EVERYTHING has to be painted!

The line indicates roughly how far that edge needs to be moved for clearance, so here goes.

Have you ever felt how rough the surface is on this stuff? Surface prep was a pain, put here's everything primered and mocked up in the car.

I bought an airbrush some time ago, so I'll see if I can figure out how to use it. I'm also doing the valve covers. Stay tuned, sports fans!

I started pulling the engine for the new 20 over pistons, another 4 psi and (finally!!) the ported lid.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
started my one piece radiator cover project, most of the fiber glassing is finished,now on to the sanding and finishing, will post picture at a later time.

JimC

Reaction score
"What I did today"

Picked up the Mustang and brought it home. After multiple data logs and calls to BBR we were able to get the tune corrected - everything was running great. Made one WOT run on the highway entrance ramp. On the way back to the shop heard "tick - tick - tick" and broke something in the upper end, we isolated it to the last intake valve on the passenger side.

Dirty after sitting for almost a month

And this may be part of the problem. It was supposed to be set up for only 6 or 7 lbs of boost, but maybe it was running higher and we overboosted. The boost gauge stopped reading at "0". So maybe a boost spike caused the issue.

And put up a video of the ticking sound. It almost sounds like an exhaust leak, but with a stethoscope we were able to isolate it to the last intake valve on the passenger side.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzeAF2ajoHU

Now to get it fixed. Easy fix is an engine swap and save the original for a build later for more boost.

Last edited:

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Aligned some tail pipes, wrote a new tune, got it inspected, and had a beer.

It was a good day. Nothing broke.

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
Just ordered some Koni Yellows to replace my tired 60k mile FRPP Non Adjustable struts/shocks.

Back