what is this connector in the trunk for?

DanB

Reaction score
Last weekend I was changing bulbs in my '07 GT right tail light. I noticed a connector on one of the housing bolts. It is connected to nothing but looks like Ford put it there. Anyone know what this is?IMG-0526.jpg IMG-0527.jpg IMG-0526.jpg IMG-0527.jpg IMG-0527.jpg

Thanks,
Dan

msvela448

forum member
Reaction score
Might be the connector for the Shaker 1000 amps and subs that would mount on the passenger side.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

luisvts

Reaction score
its the shaker 1000 amps connector, Some come with that harness without having the shaker 1000 or either the shaker 500 option stereos, (if im not wrong, if in the production line didnt have the normal wiring harness they install that one) past year I found a v6 on the junkyard with that wiring harness but had the shaker 500 on it, I removed to install it on my 06 GT to install the shaker 1000 subs and amps, had the subs and the box allready, so just neded the harness and thats how i know, if you want to install the oem shaker 1000 subs and amps, just need the sub-box, amps, screws that holds the box (the holes for the screws are al ready there covered by painted stickers on the trunk) two amps fuses (one for each sub-speaker, there are 2 speakers on the sub-box) and also the shaker 1000 stereo because it have an option to turn on the trunk subs or off, if you want pictures just let me know

DieHarder

Reaction score
its the shaker 1000 amps connector, Some come with that harness without having the shaker 1000 or either the shaker 500 option stereos, (if im not wrong, if in the production line didnt have the normal wiring harness they install that one) past year I found a v6 on the junkyard with that wiring harness but had the shaker 500 on it, I removed to install it on my 06 GT to install the shaker 1000 subs and amps, had the subs and the box allready, so just neded the harness and thats how i know, if you want to install the oem shaker 1000 subs and amps, just need the sub-box, amps, screws that holds the box (the holes for the screws are al ready there covered by painted stickers on the trunk) two amps fuses (one for each sub-speaker, there are 2 speakers on the sub-box) and also the shaker 1000 stereo because it have an option to turn on the trunk subs or off, if you want pictures just let me know

Pics would be good.

DanB

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. My shaker 500 is pretty loud. Cannot imagine what the 1000 sounds like!

luisvts

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. My shaker 500 is pretty loud. Cannot imagine what the 1000 sounds like!
i previously owned a 2000 and had aftermarket amps subs and speakers, had problems with trunk space and it was really loud it felt really the punch from the bass no problem with that so i sold the car, and bought the 06, just dont want to spend a lot again on it and maybe got the aftermarket headunit stolen or something like that,so I found the amps and speaker box for cheap but had a bad time finding the wiring, obviously its not the same but gotta love the bass on the shaker 1000, also have installed isimple gateway module (plug&play) with HD radio module and the bluetooth module (06 dont came with the aux port under the center console armrest), so i can use my iphone to play music, sounds really great, also can answer phone calls directly from the oem headunit

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back