Whipple and Shaker, can it be done?

Redfireshaker06

forum member
Reaction score
Well there might be a Whipple in my possesion in the near future. But I have a problem, a big hole in my hood. Can the shaker be trimmed and modified to mount on the whipple some how? I'd hate to pass it up because of my hood. The shaker I think makes my car. And if I buy the whipple, I wont have another grand to get a hood and have it painted. lol. Thanks in advance, please help me

Heres my ride.

Poster4007.jpg

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Mr Roper has the same problem. I think he may have finally gotten an new hood but he was driving around for a while with a hole in his. I believe that the pulley for the Whipple is just a bit to far back and interferes with shaker scoop.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The problem is the snout length on the Whipple.

And the location of the s/c pulley. It sits higher and more to the center. The 3.625" pulley doesn't help much either.

I still have the scoop from that B429 hood, might even put it on this afternoon. It'll take commitment though - it's bolt on, I'll have to make 6 more holes and it will sit further forward to clear the washer nozzles.

Last edited:

Wyld

408 C6
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sell the shaker system, then fix/buy a new hood.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
And the location of the s/c pulley. It sits higher and more to the center. The 3.625" pulley doesn't help much either.

I still have the scoop from that B429 hood, might even put it on this afternoon. It'll take commitment though - it's bolt on, I'll have to make 6 more holes and it will sit further forward to clear the washer nozzles.

Haha, you could just get Ted's hood, he doesn't need it for a while.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What difference does 6 mores holes make when you have a huge hole already?

There would be no going back, i would never be able to use the Shaker w/that hood again. And if I cut the Shaker up anymore and it doesn't fit, it will become useless.

Haha, you could just get Ted's hood, he doesn't need it for a while.

His CF hood was destroyed in the wreck and his stock hood will not clear the s/c pulley.

ClassJ

Powershifter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Couldent the scoop portion just be mounted to the hood from the backside? At least it will still look ok from the outside.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Couldent the scoop portion just be mounted to the hood from the backside? At least it will still look ok from the outside.

The water trough at the front would have to be cut away to clear the pulley. I'll go take some pics in a few...

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Well there might be a Whipple in my possesion in the near future. But I have a problem, a big hole in my hood. Can the shaker be trimmed and modified to mount on the whipple some how? I'd hate to pass it up because of my hood. The shaker I think makes my car. And if I buy the whipple, I wont have another grand to get a hood and have it painted. lol. Thanks in advance, please help me

Heres my ride.

Poster4007.jpg

If you want to sell the whipple let me know ? (your thread was deleted on mf fourms )

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Picture001.jpg

You can see where the front of the pulley rubbed against the B429 hood
Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

B429 scoop. Kinda big but at least it fits...
Picture008.jpg

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had a Roush scoop on mine before I added the Shaker and I "think" it would work. I know I had to fill holes in the rear and the Shaker trim covered the holes that were on the side. You could just leave the front plastic trim piece off the front and probably be good to go. That B429 scoop is a monster.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you know what would look sick? if you just left it like that and just found/made a clear cover, kinda like the Zr1... show off that whipple

LOL, it is funny when I'm sitting at a light and the ricers next to me will try to look inside. Then about half of them will even ask "What is that?".

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back