Whipple vids 13psi timing @ 17 degrees

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Well I got my car dyno tuned today. Its pretty funny watching Adam trying to type with his hand that is covered by 100ft of bandages. J/K

Anyway, I put together this vid, shows two dyno runs, I focused on the supercharger because usually that is what everyone wants to see and hear--the sound is pretty good.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5706ad12-a9d7-4050-abfb-991c000ebcf8.htm

And since I know everyone is going to ask, the car put down 474 rwhp--but remember this is an auto, and timing is only at 17 degrees. If this car was a stick it would have put down 500. Even so, there are only one set of numbers I care about anyway--ET and MPH!!

On a side note: :tdown: the GMS coil packs are junk. And now I have proof. Earlier dyno runs were not going so well, couldn't figure out why, changed plugs and gap--same thing. Then we went back to the stock coils, changed NOTHING else, and immediately gained 60 rwhp. The GMS coils I briefly ran on my stock motor with nitrous for 2 weeks. Then I tried them here. These coils have at most 3 weeks running time. A waste of $379. I was hesitant to post this a few months back because I wasn't 100 percent sure it was the coils. Now I KNOW-- <rant off> :stfu:

Last edited:

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Awesome! You going to Irwindale 4-26-07 still?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep, hopefully by this time tomorrow I will be posting up some new time slips.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
sweet. simply awesome man Great numbers

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, after some more mileage on the motor, I wonder what 16psi and a tad more timing will do (with 104).....

We will see about the ET's today at Irwindale....it won't be as fast as Dean's car though--hopefully I will see a 7.2X.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sounds great Paul! That Whipple screeams at 13 psi!:clap:

Good luck at Irwindale!

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Congrats Paul! You have more power than me, so I won't be surprised to see you run in the very low 7's at Irwindale.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats Paul! You have more power than me, so I won't be surprised to see you run in the very low 7's at Irwindale.

That would be nice --- but I am running saleen wheels, and alot of weight (shaker 1000--iron block), so I think 7.2X's would be cool the way it sits -- we will see.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats Paul. It was good to see you and the wifey last night!:clap:

Just put your glasses on next time when you load your tune...:poke:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It turns out I did have the right tune afterall--I was just confused by the menu (I am used to the SCT II). Anyway I thought the tune on the top was also the one loaded---but its not---its the one that is highlighted. I am going to run the car more but I am thinking a new converter may be coming sooner then expected......

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good deal. Hopefully we'll line up together next thursday!:victory:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If not next Thursday---then definitely the next Thursday after that---May 10th?? By then I am sure I will have all the bugs worked out---and they can kick out two cars on one race!! :rock:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not if you line up with me. I have a cage...lol:bonebh:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back