window issues

sgbruton

forum member
Reaction score
so i drove my car the other day for the first time in about a month and a half, and when i got in i guess i didn't realize it but when i opened the door the window didn't roll down the 1/4 inch to clear the weather stripping and when i shut the door the window got stuck on the stripping leaving about an inch gap between it and the door. It scared me at first and i just rolled the window down then back up and it set in place. I was wondering if this was common, or if there is an easier fix than taking it to a Ford place.

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
Try the reinitialization procedure. Pretty common for these windows to have a hickup every now and again. Loss of memory or glass alignment can cause issues.

It should be in you owners manual. But basically, close door with window down. Roll up window while holding the switch and continue to hold it for a few seconds after its closed. Then do the same thing for the down position.

Last edited:

1FastS197

Reaction score
Try the reinitialization procedure. Pretty common for these windows to have a hickup every now and again. Loss of memory or glass alignment can cause issues.

yeah, if you don't know how to do it.. roll the window all the way up and then let go of the switch... then pull the switch up and hold for 2 or 3 seconds... this will reset the window...

edit: TonyN edited his post... lol...

sgbruton

forum member
Reaction score
thanks guys i should be able to check tomorrow. honestly i was worried because the reason for not driving it was due to a little mishap with my traction control which sucks sending me into a curb, so i wasn't sure if the body shop I took it to caused this issue, but it doesn't seem like that big of a deal now.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back