Young Punk Build Volume IV - The game needs change & I'm the mother *@#%en cashier

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok... So first thing on my mind this morning was to get the fuel cell in, evap system, old tank and lines out. I spent alot of time today on stupid small things that are just time consuming ... but tomorrow I will have all the bs stuff out of the way.

Well The way I wanted to do the fuel cell didn't work..... I cut a rectangle for the sump thinking it would go through and be fine... Wrong -_- Even though I removed the bracket in the middle of the spare tire well, the dome shape just prevented it from sitting flush of course not allowing the sump to go any further down... (pic below)I thought the sump went deeper for some reason :roflmao:

DSC03913.jpg

So.... I marked the dome shape with a marker and my buddy Rob (currently working on his blue Neon) Cut it out with the plasma cutter (never used on before so I didn't want to test it first time on my car lol)

DSC03918.jpg

DSC03919.jpg

Then the stupid metal bracket that held the evap in place was right in the way of the sump fittings.... so I had to drill then bang it off

DSC03914.jpg

DSC03916.jpg

Test fitting.... (going to cut a sheet of alum to clean it up near the end)

DSC03917.jpg

Thought of alot of differn't ways to mount the pump & Filter but this made me the happiest :p

DSC03920.jpg

Slapped the tank in to see how it looked (nothing tight yet, filter was loose in pic) Also grinded what was left from that bracket

DSC03921.jpg

Then I dropped the Catback for the first time since I put it on 2 years ago

DSC03922.jpg

Climbed my way into the "back seat" inside ducking the harness bar, harness's and fixed seats to disconnected the pump line, clip and then the level wire for the other side. Out came the tank

DSC03924.jpg

So much room :clap:

DSC03925.jpg

Some pics of the evap / fuel lines on the car

DSC03926.jpg

DSC03927.jpg

Took the inner wheel well off the driver side to removed the final bit of the pita lines

DSC03928.jpg

Last edited:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I took a second to snap a pic of everything scattered all over the shop :roflmao:

DSC03929.jpg

DSC03930.jpg

DSC03932.jpg

Evap system , Hardware , fuel lines All PEACED (I love weight reduction)

DSC03931.jpg

DSC03933.jpg

One more shot of the rear... (oh and I drilled the holes to mount the cell, just not on yet)

DSC03934.jpg

More to come tomorrow... Im beat time to go home

Lucrettert

Reaction score
Wow that is looking awesome matt! I might have to get you do a 5.0L swap down the road for me lol:worship:

Good luck on the build :beerchug2:

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Nice car as a few stated before you are waisting no time. So how much do you hope to accomplish this week before the shop opens back up?

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice car as a few stated before you are waisting no time. So how much do you hope to accomplish this week before the shop opens back up?

Im not even going to jynx my self lol... I plan to do as much as possible but still pay attention to detail... which is the hard part. Some stupid small things will eat up an hour and you don't relize it.

Where do you get all this damn money from sir?

Lot's of hard work. Been working my whole life.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Wish mine had been around for that. I'm glad you appreciate it! That is an excellent thing.

GL with the build.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dammit! I was hoping this would be in the 5.0 section so we can have some damn substance over there!

Badass my brotha! I cant wait to see what you do with this!

What are you thinking of doing cam wise? JPC is almost done with theirs, Comp Cams just released part numbers for early next year, and the Boss exhaust cams will also be available shortly. Curious if you are planning on trying one of these, or if you will let the market saturate a little bit before deciding.

Wicked97

forum member
Reaction score
keep up the good work man!!! I know all about those little things that take forever. Before you know it you spent 2 hours thinking about how to run your fuel lines and where to mount the pump.

Keep us posted

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How the hell do I subscribe??? Awesome!!

EDIT - Found it....subscribed!

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dammit! I was hoping this would be in the 5.0 section so we can have some damn substance over there!

Badass my brotha! I cant wait to see what you do with this!

What are you thinking of doing cam wise? JPC is almost done with theirs, Comp Cams just released part numbers for early next year, and the Boss exhaust cams will also be available shortly. Curious if you are planning on trying one of these, or if you will let the market saturate a little bit before deciding.

I figured it should be in this section starting life as a 4.6 and all letting the 05-010 guys in on the details. Not sure on the cams yet... I guess im going to wait it out a little bit and let the dust settle. I don't want to be buying them 2-3 times. I want big lift, and make power to 8000 with the boss intake. I really want this thing to buzz up top and use all of NA power :p

But that's the least of my worries right now... need to get everything running first ;P

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I agree with that logic, as it will be the 05-10 guys that will be doing this swap.

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
I figured it should be in this section starting life as a 4.6 and all letting the 05-010 guys in on the details. Not sure on the cams yet... I guess im going to wait it out a little bit and let the dust settle. I don't want to be buying them 2-3 times. I want big lift, and make power to 8000 with the boss intake. I really want this thing to buzz up top and use all of NA power :p

But that's the least of my worries right now... need to get everything running first ;P

Do you trust the OEM pistons and rods to last at those levels?

BTW, your sig line...
I couldn't have said it better myself!

:thumb2:

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I guess my sarcastic tone wasn't picked up. It's much better suited here because of the swap.

Either way, I'd suggest that all 5.0 guys watch this thread!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back